EPP Albatross and Pelican Trainers from CrashTestHobby.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Just a few snaps of the smaller trainer. It's finished, just needs to fly and get some good pictures :)
pelifuse.jpg peliwingbottom.jpg peliwingtop.jpg

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
That looks like it could be a very nice FPV plane to start with (other then a wing of course)

It seems to be very stable (wide and dihedral wings) and also easy to build.

Unfortunately no epp available for me with a low costs.
But nice you posted it. It looks awesome.

gbop

Wow, this was a long time ago. Anything else comparable to this (durable, can sustain crashes) been invented ? with shipping this will be right at $100 without the reinforcement tape / radio / servos / receiver / motor / & battery... just wondering if there is something else that someone would recommend over this Albatross-48? I'm thinking that this is one-of-a-kind and ground-breaking type of model plane and no one has even touched it for the price and size with anything comparable (because of the EPP foam). Then again, that's why I'm asking.

Last edited:

tomlogan1

Elite member
Wow, this was a long time ago. Anything else comparable to this (durable, can sustain crashes) been invented ? with shipping this will be right at $100 without the reinforcement tape / radio / servos / receiver / motor / & battery... just wondering if there is something else that someone would recommend over this Albatross-48? I'm thinking that this is one-of-a-kind and ground-breaking type of model plane and no one has even touched it for the price and size with anything comparable (because of the EPP foam). Then again, that's why I'm asking.

Just came across this thread. I have 2 Albatrosses and Pelicans and they are all that the videos portray them to be. I have a new Pelican with ailerons on the way. Delivered prrice $66.95 US. Worth twice that, in my opinion.