EPP McFoamy Build thread coming Soon!

tallflyer

Mentor
I just ordered My New EPP McFoamy from my friend Greg over at wmparkflyers I will be doing a build thread here
on the flite test forums! posting pictures and videos that you will only see here. So stay tuned for more information.

Recommended Components:

2 Cell Setup: For More Precision indoor flight

Turnigy 2712-1300
Props: 9 X 4.7 or 9 X 5 DD (personal preference based on speed 9 x 5 DD being the fastest)
ESC: TowerPro 9g w12A Brushless Speed Controller
Servos: 1) 9 gram 2) 5 gram
Battery: 2 cell 460 or 610 mAh Lipo

dscf3986.jpg

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Nice stuff you got there.

I really like the design of it!

I tried to build one twice but actually failed twice (first time, cuts were bad, second time, used depron etchin CA -.-')

Nice from to do a build thread! I might be doing one about a new wing I got today. :D

Anyway I´ll stay tuned for more from you!

tallflyer

Mentor
Thanks the plane I ordered was the blue and black version so as soon as I get the kit I will change the photo!
Im going to do a complete build of this plane from box to flying so if there is anything you want me to explain
as I go please post it here.

smokejohnson

Robert are you going to truss the wings or tail? I love my McFoamy with no truss system but on really windy days I wish it was a little more stiff.

tallflyer

Mentor
smokejohnson

Im going to build her per any instructions! I fly 99% outside so anything I can do to stiffen her up I will do it. Im a pretty good judge of a floppy plane so as soon as I get the plane I will see what needs to be done!

Thanks for your Input.

tallflyer

Mentor
My schedule has not let me do much flying for the last 3 months and with winter being around the corner Its build time I have about 5 planes a RC truck and a Boat On the bench right now so that means tons of building and info can be posted here on the forums.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
My schedule has not let me do much flying for the last 3 months and with winter being around the corner Its build time I have about 5 planes a RC truck and a Boat On the bench right now so that means tons of building and info can be posted here on the forums.

Nice! Give us more stuff to read :D