ER9x LOW EEPROM MEMEORY ALERT

earthsciteach

I have been getting the message listed in the subject line on my Turnigy er9x. I've found discussions of this, but don't really understand what it is all about. Can any of you more firmware savvy folks out there translate this into something I can understand?

Thanks!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
How many vehicles have you got programmed in?

On my model list (holding -ve button) it tells me how much memory each model takes up (I'm assuming it's kb) and at the top of the list how much space is free. What does it say on yours? I've got 1065 free.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yikes, what are you programing in? I've got 12 models in mine, mostly taking around 48k each, but my most complex model (Spitfire with retracts and 2 stage flaps) only takes up 76kb. Maybe it's because I rarely use rates and expo....

earthsciteach

Dude, I don't know... I still have several free spaces. No idea what is sucking up the memory. But, I think it has something to do with memory housekeeping. I don't have a programming card, so I can't do whatever that programming voodoo does. That stuff is more than I want to get into.

dusk

I've got 12 models in mine, mostly taking around 48k each, but my most complex model (Spitfire with retracts and 2 stage flaps) only takes up 76kb.

:)

The ER9x uses an ATMega64 chip. It only has 2kb of EEPROM on the chip.

I guess that with people now being used to operating systems needing gigabytes of memory to run, something needing less than a couple kb of storage might at first seem ludicrous.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Ah. So we're talking bytes then. I did wonder... Amazing what that thing can do with 1960s level computer power!

earthsciteach

Ha ha! Yeah, its like the Tandy Color Computer II I had when I was in middle school way back in the early '80s. I could make some wicked animations. I could make squares move across the screen AND up or down! War Games had nothing on me...

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I have a Tandy CCII or 2 left over from a phone company project. :D (previous employer)

Thurmond