ERC TimSav - Cheap DIY CNC Foamboard Cutter

dehager

How long did it take to get your kits from Edward once you got the notification that it shipped? My kit shipped on Dec 10 per the email from EdwardRC, but USPS still does not show receiving it. USPS shows NEWGISTICS has the package (whoever they are) I am hoping to get it soon, but am starting to worry it will never arrive.

I placed my order on November 29 and have not seen any movement;

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece. "

Item has shipped from originating country and is en route to its destination.

General explanation:

1. Your package has been handed over to the carrier.
  2. Your package has been dispatched or departed from its country of origin.
  3. Your package has arrived its destination country and pending customs inspection.
  4. Your package has arrived its destination country and during domestic transportation.
  5. Your package is under another transportation period. For instance, it's in another country as a transit point and will be forwarded from there to its final destination country.
Please pay attention to detailed tracking information, if your item has arrived its destination country, we'd advise you to track it again within 1-2 days and observe the latest updates to ensure a smooth receipt of the package.

dutchmonkey

How long did it take to get your kits from Edward once you got the notification that it shipped? My kit shipped on Dec 10 per the email from EdwardRC, but USPS still does not show receiving it. USPS shows NEWGISTICS has the package (whoever they are) I am hoping to get it soon, but am starting to worry it will never arrive.
Mine is in the same place as yours

dehager

Scrounging parts and thinking while I am waiting for the kit. I added eccentric spacers to the Y axis and instead of two different plates I used two upper plates and a spacer in the rear to reduce the flexing of the stepper motors. The Y axis assembled well and is very stiff and smooth.

I want to see how much precision and clean of a cut I may be able to achieve with this compact and portable design.

IMG_8313.jpg
IMG_8309.JPG
IMG_8307.JPG
IMG_8305.JPG

Guy S.

Ordered my kit, and extrusions. Both 1000mm long. Do I need to cut the one to 800mm? Is there enough belt, wire to use it the way it is?

dutchmonkey

This morning brings new hope...

December 21, 2019, 12:30 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 12:30 am on December 21, 2019.
Nothing for me yet Cali is still waiting for the package to show up

chris398mx

Master member
i think it still on the row boat :p or maybe they all came in on the east coast now they have to make it to the west coast before usps accepts them :unsure: we will see i don't think i will see mine untill after the new year. I was hoping to play with it wile i had time off of work.
Me too, they shipped it on the 11th according to the email I received. I too was hoping to assemble it during the Christmas break.

Edwardchew

Tried another cut and had some odd results. Picture below is the backside of the foam. I am running 8500 rpm and 1000mm/min. It seems like I’m not getting enough perforations per mm. I am using the Jtech laser plugin. Would there be any reason the cutter would not be adhering to the feed rate I entered in the plugin?

Otherwise slow the feed rate further? Increase rpm? Help please.
yes that looks like it's travelling too fast to get enough perforations per mm

For years now, during the development of the needle cutter, I have always recommended 10-15 perforations per millimeter for good cuts in DTFB. Therefore, I personally would recommend slowing to 850 mm/min to get the 10 perfs/mm at 8500 rpm cutter speed. I honestly don't know where Edward came up with 2000 mm/min and 8500 rpm... that should only give 4-5 perfs/mm and looks like maybe that's what you are seeing. I've not made a big deal of it because, for reasons unknown to me, Edward has been cutting foam with surprisingly good results and building airplanes... i.e. so it's hard to argue with his results. But if I was seeing what you are seeing, I would slow down and see what happens. It won't cost you anything except a little time to check it out... ;)
Ya i've look into your data before, and in my mind i'm like 4-5 perfs/mm should be enough too, i tried and it works and nice result.

after speaking with Jason i suspect probably those foamboard available in Asia has much thinner paper backing than those in the US? as we can't do 180 degree fold on the wing without applying tape along the fold first, Josh folded their brown colored foamboard without applying any tape. I live in between 2 asian countries and both has very foamboard with very thin paper backing which maybe cause it's all from China

Using the banggood tachometer that Edward recommended. I’m seeing the F1000 command in the gcode so I’m thinking it’s right?
Yeap im using that too

Mine says it shipped too. USPS tracking says a company called NEWGISTICS has it and it hasn't arrived to the USPS yet. Does anyone know about this company? Are these kit shipping from the US or are they originating overseas?
Hi Chris. Sorry. Massive delay with many many parcels in Nov and Dec due to many big year end promotions going on. Most of the delay happens during "transit" which is when it left the origin and going to the destination country. all shipped from China.

Edwardchew

Ordered my kit, and extrusions. Both 1000mm long. Do I need to cut the one to 800mm? Is there enough belt, wire to use it the way it is?
for 2020, cut to 760mm, 2040 remained as 1meter. this spec is for A1 size foamboard

This morning brings new hope...

December 21, 2019, 12:30 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 12:30 am on December 21, 2019.
wowww yeahhhh

Oh man so my product has meme too hahaha