Erm, let's fix that image of "drones"

nilsen

Maybe it's already been posted...

What is intersting is how the kickback pushes the quad backwards, I mean it's obvious but imagine what the flightcontroller expereienced, such a sharp kick.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Wow, I really can't believe that they would do that. Pretty dangerous.

Agreed. I doubt it's even legal to create a device that fires a remotely operated firearm. I'm sure people are curious about all kinds of add-ons but this one is way too dangerous.

Reminds me of this drone.
article-2063706-0EDE282A00000578-562_634x412.jpg

airhawk

Crashing Ace
could a petition take this video down before fox news see this like the flying roman candle wasn't enough. this is what people see when they think about "drones" im fed up with this garbage !

airhawk

Crashing Ace
this was a comment on that video "People are already have declared open season on drones. Just another reason to shoot drones on sight." face palm nothing more:mad:

Spastickitten

This is truly upsetting because they knew people were scared so they made this video for views. that is it. They want to make money by causing all of us a huge amount of pain and suffering. There was stuff about flying at beaches that scared me enough to not bring my nano qx, because people would think I was there for them when I am there to enjoy flying. I haven't gotten a multirotor yet, and everyday I wonder if I should. I am worried that someone will think of me as a peeping tom when I just want to fly. I didn't need to even watch the video, and honestly I don't think ever will. I hope this gets better, or I might not be able to stay in this hobby. I want to fly just as much as you do, but when it comes to the safety of me and my equipment, I don't want to be on the news for anything.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
This is truly upsetting because they knew people were scared so they made this video for views. that is it. They want to make money by causing all of us a huge amount of pain and suffering. There was stuff about flying at beaches that scared me enough to not bring my nano qx, because people would think I was there for them when I am there to enjoy flying. I haven't gotten a multirotor yet, and everyday I wonder if I should. I am worried that someone will think of me as a peeping tom when I just want to fly. I didn't need to even watch the video, and honestly I don't think ever will. I hope this gets better, or I might not be able to stay in this hobby. I want to fly just as much as you do, but when it comes to the safety of me and my equipment, I don't want to be on the news for anything.

If it makes you feel any better I as a member of the general public just a few months ago thought nothing of all the "drones". I had no idea of the actual technology out there. We as the RC community will seek out all sources and all stories and post them for the rest of us. But the average Joe really couldn't care less. The others usually are curious. Almost any kid will think it's the coolest thing ever! Don't not buy a multi-rotor out of fear. I have flown my syma X5c a LOT in parks and other places where there are people that can see it. I have yet to have someone upset that I'm flying a "drone".

Idiots will be idiots. They will do stupid things. The BEST thing we can do is show the public how fun and cool RC can be. Put some fatsharks on a kid and watch him geek out... it's great! :cool:

airhawk

Crashing Ace

do it if you've tried a nqx you'll be fine just put people first if some one isnt comfortable with the multi just land it.
dont let sensationalism stop you from doing what you want.what multi did you have in mind

airhawk

Crashing Ace
oh and for those of you who know that someone said"hey kid are you licencesened to fly that thing "(in a serious voice) that was my fault i forgot the guy didnt like drones but he didnt seem angry i should of landed when i saw him

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
And this seems to be the same guy who got attacked for flying a quad at a beach about a year ago... I would have thought that incident would have taught him how testy the atmosphere around our hobby is right now. Very frightening that someone would chose to do this.

Spastickitten

I wish I could afford a multi, but I don't have my own income at the moment. For now I will need to spend my money sparingly, but I was thinking of doing a mini quad my birthday and christmas presents, but I don't know. I am in high school so maybe I could get a job over the summer next year.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I wish I could afford a multi, but I don't have my own income at the moment. For now I will need to spend my money sparingly, but I was thinking of doing a mini quad my birthday and christmas presents, but I don't know. I am in high school so maybe I could get a job over the summer next year.

Check out AMA.

I think memberships are free if you are under 19. AMA posts the rules. Here they are.

Fly by the rules, have the insurance and don't be a pinhead. You will be stunned how often this advice works and how much farther your money will last you. :)

If you need to go really cheap and still wanna play, check out the Syma X1.
It's cheap, hard to break and cheap.

The DroneNationals is posting some press clips and this one, I thought, gave drones a better image:
http://fox40.com/2015/05/27/drones-take-over-fox40/

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Check out AMA.

I think memberships are free if you are under 19. AMA posts the rules. Here they are.

Fly by the rules, have the insurance and don't be a pinhead. You will be stunned how often this advice works and how much farther your money will last you. :)

If you need to go really cheap and still wanna play, check out the Syma X1.
It's cheap, hard to break and cheap.

The DroneNationals is posting some press clips and this one, I thought, gave drones a better image:
http://fox40.com/2015/05/27/drones-take-over-fox40/

The nanoqx is a lot better than the syma x1 IMO which it sounds like Spastickitten already has. The next step should be somewhere in the 250 size. Not a racer just a small fun RTF quad preferably with a selectable self level and acro mode. Maybe even a PPM input so you can control it from the transmitter you already have and are used to.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor