Esc-battery connection

skymaster

Elite member
You could always buy another battery with the xt 60 connector or make and adapter like every one is suggesting. when buying your gear make sure you buy what you need. some time's when you modify it leads to a bigger headache.

Felixboddez

That’s an expensive charger for a beginner. An $18 imax B6 clone and a 60w laptop power supply ($8) would do most FT batteries fine. Sure it won’t do lihv or 6s but you don’t need either of those things. The B6 comes with most of the adaptors you need too.
Example IMAX B6 with PSU.
Example Hobbyking charger, another good basic one.
Hobbyking mains charger which does do Lihv etc.
oops, I actually ment this one : https://store.flitetest.com/ecopowe...h-battery-charger-24s-4a-50w-ecp-1006/p699115 .
I'll get one of those, do they come with all the needed wires?

FDS

Elite member
No they don’t. I don’t like that charger either. You want one with a “storage” program so you can easily park your lipo when not flying for a couple of days. The Hobbyking version of that charger is under $20 with the leads.
That is a very basic charger for not a great price IMO.

Arcfyre

Elite member
No they don’t. I don’t like that charger either. You want one with a “storage” program so you can easily park your lipo when not flying for a couple of days. The Hobbyking version of that charger is under $20 with the leads.
That is a very basic charger for not a great price IMO.

I'm in full agreement with @FDS here. You want a charger with a storage function so you can keep your Lipos healthy. I personally use the IMAX B6AC and it has been faithful and reliable for over two years now.

Reactions: FDS

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @FDS, the iMax B6 is hard to beat. They are cheap enough you can own more than one. I have 8, now I don't need to wait for a battery to charge. I get the cheapest ones I can find on eBay, I'm sure they are knock off's.