Help! esc beeping constantly and doesn't stops

goop1234567891

I've been using RC vehicles for many years now and recently decided to build my own. I purchased an ESC recently when I received it today I tried to use it but it would not stop beeping and the beeping gets worse when you apply the throttle. I know it's not my battery as I've run the same battery you see in the video in my boat about 3 days ago perfectly fine. I also know it's not the receiver either because servos work perfectly fine and the plane that the receiver was in before was flying fine about a month ago. I've read and looked everywhere online for answers but no one seems to have the same problem. I've read online that ESC's don't need to be programmed but I'm not sure if that's true. I've tried to calibrate it with my radio but to no fix. I don't know if anyone can help me but I hope someone can. thanks

see the video below to see my problem.

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I've been using RC vehicles for many years now and recently decided to build my own. I purchased an ESC recently when I received it today I tried to use it but it would not stop beeping and the beeping gets worse when you apply the throttle. I know it's not my battery as I've run the same battery you see in the video in my boat about 3 days ago perfectly fine. I also know it's not the receiver either because servos work perfectly fine and the plane that the transmitter was in before was flying fine about a month ago. I've read and looked everywhere online for answers but no one seems to have the same problem. I've read online that ESC's don't need to be programmed but I'm not sure if that's true. I've tried to calibrate it with my radio but to no fix. I don't know if anyone can help me but I hope someone can. thanks

I've been using RC vehicles for many years now and recently decided to build my own. I purchased an ESC recently when I received it today I tried to use it but it would not stop beeping and the beeping gets worse when you apply the throttle. I know it's not my battery as I've run the same battery you see in the video in my boat about 3 days ago perfectly fine. I also know it's not the receiver either because servos work perfectly fine and the plane that the transmitter was in before was flying fine about a month ago. I've read and looked everywhere online for answers but no one seems to have the same problem. I've read online that ESC's don't need to be programmed but I'm not sure if that's true. I've tried to calibrate it with my radio but to no fix. I don't know if anyone can help me but I hope someone can. thanks

LOL... Really quite some, you have to ug the esc into the receiver. Otherwise it won't be receiving any signal.

Bifi.baarlo

First connect your receiver, than turn on your transmitter after that plugin your lipo, you did everything in the wrong order.
How did you calibrate your throttle?

goop1234567891

LOL... Really quite some, you have to ug the esc into the receiver. Otherwise it won't be receiving any signal.

Obvously you have to plug it into the receiver. In the first part of the video I was demonstrating that it beeps without even reciving a signal. In the second portion of the video you will see that I plug it into a receiver and demonstrate that it beeps faster when it receives the signal.

voyhager3

Hmmm, I would say plug in a servo just to make sure you are properly connected. But I also know I've had similar issues in the past, so i will update when I remember what it was

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
that’s the problem, I can’t calibrate it because it just beeps
I think you've plugged it in the wrong channel, or your throttle trim. Is. Not all the way down.

Come to. Think. Of it. I've had that problem too... Generally trim. Isn't down all the way, or you plugged it into the wrong channel on the rx

quorneng

Master member
goop
In the first part of the video the slow beeps is the ESC is telling you it is receiving no signal. Not surprising as the receiver was not there.
In the second part the rapid beeps are the ESC telling you it was receiving the wrong signal. It looks like it was plugged into the aileron channel which would be sending a half power signal (aileron servo at mid point).
ESCs are hard programmed to require a zero power signal before they will arm (it makes a specific series of beeps and is then ready to go). It is a safety feature that prevents the motor bursting into life as soon as you plug in the battery.
It is a further safety precaution to switch on the transmitter before you plug in the motor battery and always unplug the motor battery before you switch off the transmitter.
It is possible that an ESC powered up with no signal may stay in a fault condition even when the transmitter is switched on.

Matt Guscar

I know that this is an old thread but for future reference...

I bought the same esc motor combo that you have and was experiencing the same issue of the fast beeping. The ESC included in the kit does in fact need to be calibrated before use. To do this

1. Plug one of your ESC three-wire cables into the throttle channel of the RC receiver. ...
  2. Turn on the transmitter and set throttle stick to maximum (full up).
  3. Connect the LiPo battery.
  4. You will hear a musical tone then two beeps.
  5. After the two beeps, lower the throttle stick to full down.
For my transmitter I had to plug in the battery at full throttle wait a few seconds (for step 4 I heard constant slow beeping not 2 beeps), lower to 0, raise back to full and then go back to 0. This fixed my issue.

You may have to play around with theses steps a bit as I noticed different brands of transmitters and ESC's have different steps to calibrate them.