ESC Calibration and fast beeping

leem0401

Hello,

I am new to building a multirotor so please help me understand what the problem I'm experiencing and how to solve it as I'm still lacking some understanding.

I am using Turnigy 25A Plush ESC with HK 3.0 Flight Board.
Before I had calibrated my ESC with my tx, my motors would start at slightly different throttle inputs.

I then proceeded to calibrate each of my ESCs connecting it to ch3 of my rx, turning my tx on with full throttle, plugging in the battery, waiting for 2 beeps then lowering the throttle stick all the way down. I heard the confirmation beeps and tested each motors out. They were all working connected directly to the rx ch3.

However, once I connected the ESCs back on to the flight board, after the 123 beeps and another 1 beep, quick beeps continued on.

I've been trying to figure out what this quick beeps meant and I've read on the manual that quick constant beeps meant the ESCs are telling me that the throttle is not at 0.

So I've checked to make sure the subtrims are at default and the end points are at 100/100 on my tx.

Before I calibrated my ESCs, there was no problem with motors running (the only problem was that they were all starting at different throttle range). My thought is that since when the ESCs are directly connected to the rx, they work fine, it has something to do with the min throttle parameter on my flight board.

I've flashed the board before with the tricopter configuration but I doubt this is the problem since it worked before I calibrated my ESCs.

Please help me figure out what is wrong with it and help me solve this problem!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Sometimes a fast beep also can mean they aren't seeing signal from the Rx. Make sure all your connections are correct so the FC is seeing the receiver and it has all the correct inputs.
Having the elevator on the receiver plugged into the throttle channel on the board would be a bad thing.

leem0401

Sometimes a fast beep also can mean they aren't seeing signal from the Rx. Make sure all your connections are correct so the FC is seeing the receiver and it has all the correct inputs.
Having the elevator on the receiver plugged into the throttle channel on the board would be a bad thing.

I have all the connections correctly as I haven't changed any connections prior to calibrating the ESCs and it was working. The beeping is faster than the beeping when the ESCs are not getting signals.

leem0401

Update: I was able to solve the problem by setting my low end point of my throttle to 90% on my tx and recalibrating all my ESCs then connecting it back to the flight board and then changing back my low end point of my throttle back to 100%.

My ESCs through the flight board gave me non -100% throttle for some reason. I'm glad it works now but makes me wonder why my ESCs were not getting zero throttle when I calibrate it at 100/100.