ESC Calibration with the Aura 5 Lite

Spitfire76

Would like to know how to perform ESC calibration when its connected to the Aura Lite 5.

Its the 30A ESC from the older power pack C. My radio is FrSky. I first calibrated the ESC the usual way by connecting it to the receiver, placing the transmitter throttle at 100% and connect the battery and after the beeps placed the throttle to zero until more beeps. The throttle motor works as expected but when I move the ESC to the S1 port on the Aura and connect the battery it just continuously beeps and moving the throttle doe not make the motor turn. Using the Aura config tool I see that the throttle range is -125% to +125% and believe this larger range is causing the issue as it was calibrated at -100% to +100%. So why is does the Aura increase the range ?. Should I just leave the ESC connected to the receiver as I don't believe that the Aura controls throttle (pass thru) or is there a way to re-calibrate the ESC while connected to the Aura ?

Last edited:

dap35

Elite member
You should be able to calibrate it while connected to tha Aura. Make sure you are connected to S1 on the Aura. I'm not sure about FrSky, but on Futaba, the throttle is reversed so I always connect my laptop with the Aura config tool and go through the training routine so that it is calabrated and the Aura doesn't think I am at 100% throttle when I power on.

Spitfire76

You should be able to calibrate it while connected to tha Aura. Make sure you are connected to S1 on the Aura. I'm not sure about FrSky, but on Futaba, the throttle is reversed so I always connect my laptop with the Aura config tool and go through the training routine so that it is calabrated and the Aura doesn't think I am at 100% throttle when I power on.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know why the Aura Input Monitor shows the limits from -120% to +120% on all channel inputs even though my radio is set to +-100% ?. I tried the learn mode but it made no difference.

Last edited:

dap35

Elite member
Thanks for your reply. Do you know why the Aura Input Monitor shows the limits from -120% to +120% on all channel inputs even though my radio is set to +-100% ?. I tried the learn mode but it made no difference.
Sorry, no clue :)

Bricks

Master member
If using OTx you may need to change your outputs channel in your transmitter to TAER as OTx is AETR.