Esc for a eco 2207

whackflyer

Master member
Can I make the arrow out of cardboard? I think we are getting pizza tonight so I figured I might as well practice so I don't ruin the foam XD
You could, but you'll end up not liking it most likely. It'll be a massive pain to build since the thickness of cardboard is different then foamboard. If you want give it a go, go right ahead, but foam is cheap so why not do it right?

Please help! There is something called pwm switching frequency. Should it be 8k or 16k? I think it says 8k is for 2 pole inrunners, but it seems to say 16 is also for 2 pole? It is in german, so any advice 2would be great.
It also takes till like quarter throttle to start spinning. I do not see a way to calibrate throttle

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Please help! There is something called pwm switching frequency. Should it be 8k or 16k? I think it says 8k is for 2 pole inrunners, but it seems to say 16 is also for 2 pole? It is in german, so any advice 2would be great.
It also takes till like quarter throttle to start spinning. I do not see a way to calibrate throttle
No idea how you would set the frequency (I think it might be motor timing but I have no idea), but I think I do know how to calibrate the ESC.
So first take off your prop, you don't want your prop to be on for this. Next, turn on the tx, once the tx is on move the throttle stick all the way up. Plug in the plane next, and once you hear the startup sequence and some extra beeps (not sure what beeps you would hear though), move the throttle stick down to zero. Not sure if this is the exact way to calibrate your esc, but this is that I have had to use in the past.

whackflyer

Master member
No idea how you would set the frequency (I think it might be motor timing but I have no idea), but I think I do know how to calibrate the ESC.
So first take off your prop, you don't want your prop to be on for this. Next, turn on the tx, once the tx is on move the throttle stick all the way up. Plug in the plane next, and once you hear the startup sequence and some extra beeps (not sure what beeps you would hear though), move the throttle stick down to zero. Not sure if this is the exact way to calibrate your esc, but this is that I have had to use in the past.
@Ketchup got the calibration process right. You'll most likely hear two beeps and then you'll need to return your throttle to zero. After that you'll get the regular start sounds and it should be calibrated. You need to leave your frequency at 8. If you go too high on the timing your motor will start squealing and slow down and not run correctly.

Last edited:
I was able to do that. (I think) motor timing is another factor, but I left that on the auto option it gave. I'm not sure what I'll do for that then...

@Ketchup got the calibration process right. You'll most likely hear two beeps and then you'll need to return your throttle to zero. After that you'll get the regular start sounds and it should be calibrated. You need to leave your timing at 8. If you go too high on the timing your motor will start squealing and slow down and not run correctly.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I plan on building the plane tomorrow and flying this weekend!

@Ketchup got the calibration process right. You'll most likely hear two beeps and then you'll need to return your throttle to zero. After that you'll get the regular start sounds and it should be calibrated. You need to leave your timing at 8. If you go too high on the timing your motor will start squealing and slow down and not run correctly.
It isnt timing though that is listed separately🤷‍♂️. I wasn't sure since 8k said inrunner (I think)

whackflyer

Master member
It isnt timing though that is listed separately🤷‍♂️. I wasn't sure since 8k said inrunner (I think)
The frequency is pretty much how many times the ESC sends the command to the motor to change it's speed. I think I have all my ESC's at 8. I did have one accidently set too high once and it would squeal and didn't have any power. You won't notice a difference as far as throttle response.

The frequency is pretty much how many times the ESC sends the command to the motor to change it's speed. I think I have all my ESC's at 8. I did have one accidently set too high once and it would squeal and didn't have any power. You won't notice a difference as far as throttle response.
Okay thank you! Also, is there any difference between white and black foam board? All flite test stuff has white, so I wasn't sure. I bought both. I plan to make each wing a different color so I can keep track of it better.
Thank you so much for helping me with the esc! I was rather annoyed when i read the manual. Lol
Oh, one good thing is I saw you can switch direction through the esc so I won't have to resolder it.

whackflyer

Master member
Okay thank you! Also, is there any difference between white and black foam board? All flite test stuff has white, so I wasn't sure. I bought both. I plan to make each wing a different color so I can keep track of it better.
Thank you so much for helping me with the esc! I was rather annoyed when i read the manual. Lol
Oh, one good thing is I saw you can switch direction through the esc so I won't have to resolder it.
It's the same stuff other then in my experience the black paper isn't adhered to the foam as well.

whackflyer

Master member
I guess I'll buy white going forward, but I figured I could tell what direction it was point better like this.
Ya the black will still work. If you want you can iron the edges or paint on a PVA glue like elmer's white glue to help stick the edges down. If you're going with all white stuff colored packing tape works great. I use it for color on all my builds, I pretty much don't paint anymore.

I finished building the arrow Sunday. Not all the electronics fit in the center pod, so I put them on top. It immediately crashed 5 times. I think this time it is beyond repair. I will make a new one without a center area and strap everything to the wing. Hopefully this future arrow won't spiral out of control.
Well, I'm glad I got six sheets of foam!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Well you could enlarge the center pod. I know a guy who enlarges the center pod every time he builds one and it's working well for him. Also the spiral out of control might not be due to the electronics not fitting. I don't have enough information to be sure but I would guess that electronics on top wouldn't effect it enough to make the plane crash.

Well you could enlarge the center pod. I know a guy who enlarges the center pod every time he builds one and it's working well for him. Also the spiral out of control might not be due to the electronics not fitting. I don't have enough information to be sure but I would guess that electronics on top wouldn't effect it enough to make the plane crash.
I think the spiraling was more me not setting up the trim. I figured if it looked right it was close enough... it wasn't. I will cut out the tester this time. Will definitely try extending the middle though!