ESC Problems

Noob

I recently purchased a Turnigy AE-25A ESC. During testing prior to flight I am having trouble and need some help. Everything seems to operate correctly for a minute or so but then everything goes crazy. It seems to me that the ESC is turning off and then back on again. The servos will go crazy for a minute and then reset. If the motor is running it will also stop running. When this happens the start up tones happen and then the whole things starts again. I have checked the soldering and make sure that I have a fully charged battery. Any suggestions for a fix?

aiidanwings

i would first carefully check the battery connections. Is the connector secure to the batt wires, and the wires to the battery?

After that, take off the prop hook up the battery and get it all bound. Then wiggle wires and stuff. If there is a bad connection somewhere, you'll find it.

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If the servos are going crazy, make sure it's not your transmitter. Servos going nuts sounds more like interference issues...start-up tones have me wondering though.

RoyBro

Mentor
It could be either. The start-up tones occur when it gets a signal from the transmitter. This could happen if the power cycles on the ESC, or it could happen if the transmitter drops out and comes back. I would do as aiidanwings suggests first with the transmitter off, then again with the receiver on. Let's see what kind of result you get in both cases and we can go from there.

Also, if you have a second receiver, try swapping that out.

Noob

Tried wiggling the wires with no results. I have tried two different batteries and have the same problem. Currently I only have one Rx. I know it works in my other planes. I flew with it yesterday. Here is a video of the problem. Thanks for the help!

tramsgar

If your tx works fine in other planes, what about switching the ESC and see if the problem moves with it?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
It still might be the Tx. Seems like someone else had a module issue that was giving intermittent dropouts. Do you have a module in the Tx you can reseat?