ESC recommendations?

Ikito999

Hey guys,

does anyone have any good recommendations for 30 amp ESC that can take 2-3s lipos and that have a steady current. Also not too expensive. They really need to have a steady current because if they don't my servos twitch.

Thanks

aiidanwings

On applications where top notch servo performance is required, a separate receiver battery seems to be best.

Ikito999

Thanks for the replies but i need to power 7 normal size servos and a motor. I use the spektrum ar6210 and ive had problems using other esc's with the servos going "wild". Will these suggetions fix that and do they have enough power?

Ikito999

Also i researched a bit and the 30-Amp Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC (V2) from e-flite said it could handle 7 analog servos. Do you think it will be good enough?

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Also i researched a bit and the 30-Amp Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC (V2) from e-flite said it could handle 7 analog servos. Do you think it will be good enough?

If you are running a big model or one that's complex, I honestly still wouldn't try it on a built in, not with 7 big servos. You're right at it's limit, over if you are using digital servos.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Yeah if the 30 amp is enough for what you need, then the separate bec will do for you. How big is the plane? What kind of plane?

Ikito999

Its a Beaver cub and it is 105cm wingspan (sorry don't know in inches)
I bought a u-bec that has 7amps of output. Is it enough?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
It does not seem to be a big plane with big servos.
I am flying bigger planes with 4 9 gr wing servos (total 6 and 7 servos) on 30A controllers with internal BEC without any problems.
7A is more than enough.

You might check why your servos twitch. It is more likely interference from something else than the power supply.
FM radios and low price speed controllers are often a problem. Put your receiver as far from the esc as possible and route the cables as "messy" as possible. Straight cables pick up more noice than a twisted mess. Coils can be needed on the "servo cable" from the esc/bec. There are special twisted servocables to buy if there is a serious problem.