ESC wiring issue :(

KJ4CCH

Hey guys,

I have a gental lady flying a 2200kv turnigy and a 45 amp speed controller. I am also using 2200mah 3 cells to power her up. She has A TON of power and can really get up to altitude quickly +-30secs = 400 + feet (estimated). then i can get about five min of glide time, depending on the day (thermals ect.) normal flight time is about 15 - 25 min. (i stop around 3.7 - 3.8 per cell, so i dont have to charge them, i am lazy.

I am planning on strapping on my newly purchased FPV gear from readymaderc, 1.3 ghz 200 mw, and the rx they have. I wanna make sure my flying electronics wont fail on me.

But as i am waiting for my camera and video gear to get to me (security camera takes 2-3 weeks to ship a camera?!?!?! or add 29 bucks for 1 week shipping?!?!?) anyway, i noticed that a wire on my esc is exposed!!!

here is a picture:
battery installed
IMG_20131202_154523.jpg
batter uninstalled
IMG_20131202_154636.jpg

It looks like the heat shrink just opened up a little, but what do yall think? am i crimping my wires too much when the battery is installed? couldn't i just wrap some electrical tape around it so it does not touch anything?

it is soldered on, will it pull out?

any recommendation?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yes it's soldered on.
Yes you can just wrap a piece of electrical tape around it.
Best fix would be to desolder it, put a new (a little longer) piece of shrink tubing on there, resolder it, then shrink your tubing.

KJ4CCH

Thanks! ill just wrap it as it is the easiest.

But it should not pull out of the connector?

thanks again!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Plus that is the ground side so it is not going to zap anything. But best to cover to make sure it doesn't short anything.