Eureka, California

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Anybody from the Eureka area? I have tried contacting the local AMA flying club but nobody will respond. Wanted ask about a couple flying sites.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hehe you sure you want to fly there? I remember all the strange happenings from the TV show Eureka. Although.. it could make for some seriously interesting videos.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hehe I would venture to say yes seeing there is one in the sky at that specific location. I do miss Eureka too. I keep it on my watch list for Amazon so I know when it rotates back in on prime so I can binge the series again.

thenated0g

Mentor
that is a good point though, i should see if that show as actually recorded in the city of eureka and i can get some photo's of it.

Liam B

Wooh, Eureka is about 6 hours from me. For some reason I thought it was closer lol. Lots of good slope spots in the Tuolumne county though. There's also a local AMA club here as well.

Here's one up on Table Mountain:
F5B0CC8F-24FB-4456-AE09-3EC7004AE02D-261-00000017A3727CBF.jpeg

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Uhm...Just a word of warning flying anything in Eureka:

Eureka is located in Humboldt County, CA. This is one of the largest grow areas for marijuana in the state. Putting a plane up, even if it doesn't have a camera on it, there's a good possibility someone might try to shoot it down to hide their grow spot. Never mind that it's legal now in CA, the growers are still paranoid. My wife's friend just finished school at Humboldt State and said there were planes of all kinds getting taken out on a regular basis up there, so if you are going to fly, I'd suggest going out to the flying field itself where you want to fly and talking to the members there before you put a plane up.

thenated0g

Mentor
No fpv this time, just slope soaring at the coast. I found the local club but nobody is responding to me so figured I would post her on the chance somebody lived in the area. It's only 3 hrs north so I'm pretty much used to the growers.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
No fpv this time, just slope soaring at the coast. I found the local club but nobody is responding to me so figured I would post her on the chance somebody lived in the area. It's only 3 hrs north so I'm pretty much used to the growers.

LOL no worries. :) I didn't want you to have your stuff shot down; growers are an odd bunch.

Pigfarm1403

Builder
I slope soar the hillbilly way

There is a hog farm near where I live and anytime I want to slope soar I find myself using the hills made by the lagoons. Kind of an unpleasant environment but the hills are great.

thenated0g

Mentor
Lake county is pretty great for flying fpv lots of places to do stupid stuff and the cops really don't care the sheriff doesn't care everybody's pretty cool but slope soaring is really hard there's just trees everywhere.