Europe needs HELP to fight the proposed EASA drone regulations

Mr Brown Cat

Europe needs HELP to fight the proposed EASA drone regulations

The EASA ( European Aviation Safety Agency ) are planning to implement a new set of rules that will ban anyone from making home built aircraft in summary.

1. DIY aircraft restricted at 250g / 0.551 lb and lower.

2. DIY aircraft max speed of less than 54km/h 33.554 Mph

3. DIY aircraft must remain within 100m / 328 feet of pilot.

4. DIY aircraft limited to max height of 50m / 164 feet.

The proposed EASA drone regulations can be downloaded from https://www.easa.europa.eu/easa-and-you/civil-drones-rpas

Also Simon Dale has produced a video on the proposed EASA drone regulations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WqJByGGRYo

For all people living in the UK there is a UK Government and Parliament Petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/168112

For those outside the UK there is a change.org Petition.

https://www.change.org/p/https-www-...332&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=

As a RC community we need to promote this and stand together.

Last edited:

pblommendaal

Surprised that this has no attention in the US? The FAA will look closely on what happens in Europa and probably try to implement these rules as well once they are implemented in Europe and kill the hobby.

Signed the petition!

Maybe it should be posted in other forums on flite test as well?

Mr Brown Cat

Surprised that this has no attention in the US? The FAA will look closely on what happens in Europa and probably try to implement these rules as well once they are implemented in Europe and kill the hobby.

Signed the petition!

Maybe it should be posted in other forums on flite test as well?

Thank you for signing the petition:D

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
That's literally the worst proposal I have ever heard regarding model aviation (this one still doesn't top the switch from PTS to ACS for all of aviation legislation blunders though.) I can think of some far more dangerous hobbies that don't get legislated into the ground like ours does. It's quite frankly ridiculous. I'm just glad that the FAA really won't get off of their fat government agency @$$ and do anything about people who fly safe outside of their "guidelines." Hopefully the EASA proposal won't go through, but if it does, just hope that EASA are about as effective as the FAA.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Just more nearsighted, nanny state, legislation which will have the effect of making many citizens criminals and suppress what in the next global military conflict would be a military asset. UAV design and manufacture as well as the Fixed wing aircraft drone types will be a matter of defense not to forget the Autonomous UAVs. Current weapon systems for remote controlled delivery of ordinance rely extensively upon GPS systems and that system will be the first target in a real global war.

Such legislation is targeting the hobby itself and not those who exploit the technology for criminal behaviours. Increase the policing of and penalties for criminal behaviour involving UAVs. We can't leave this technology and manufacturing offshore.

Ex-military man and amateur historian:black_eyed:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The fear mongering of non thinking unknowledgeable people will always cause an issue. Look at how jet engines are tested. They fire 40 pound frozen turkeys into an engine spun up to different speeds to see what damage happens. The fins are made to break away and the engine will spit that out along with flash cooked turkey and not even slow down.

Aerodynamically I seriously doubt you could even get a quad near a plane at speed because they are so light. The flow of air around them would toss them a side faster then a gold digger who found out her man was broke.

Granted that will be less probable on small aircraft but still has a minuscule chance of a drone taking down a plane. How many airplanes have crashed due to a bird strike.. not many considering the number of planes, number of birds and number of hours in the air cohabitating.

Stupid people (Not calling you stupid Mr. Brown Cat, more so the media and governmental morons) stirring the pot about terror and how to deal with it is really starting to irk me.

Mr Brown Cat

Stupid people (Not calling you stupid Mr. Brown Cat, more so the media and governmental morons) stirring the pot about terror and how to deal with it is really starting to irk me.

Thanks for the Not calling you stupid Mr. Brown Cat. :D most do.
can i ask you a question is the EASA situation in Europe getting any attention in the U.S.
As I haven't seen much comment from our brothers on the other side of the pond.

I live in the UK and signed the petition immediately. I don't get why all the focus is on home made aircraft when the problemail is with premade drones from the likes of dji

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thanks for the Not calling you stupid Mr. Brown Cat. :D most do.
can i ask you a question is the EASA situation in Europe getting any attention in the U.S.
As I haven't seen much comment from our brothers on the other side of the pond.

We have our own issues here. So far they are not going full on ban. They are going the opposite way trying to monetize it all in the name of safety.

Like I said in the other EASA thread. Aircraft motors are so strongly tested before they are even certified to be on a plane then re certified before they are allowed to power a plane on their own. I said to start showing videos like these to the governing idiots who are bent on fear mongering. Then Quote Eddie Murphy and tell them "Have a coke and a smile and STFU" This debate is getting old.