European suppliers of foamboard

lanerover

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can explain why Flite test foamboard has disappeared from the shelves of every hobbyshop in the UK? I have checked the German distributors website and they have non either, none of the local regular supplier's have any clue as to what's happening, in fact our local store where several of us would buy boxes of 25 sheets have now taken it off their website because they are fed up of having NO supplies. ANY ANSWERS??? Kevin

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can explain why Flite test foamboard has disappeared from the shelves of every hobbyshop in the UK? I have checked the German distributors website and they have non either, none of the local regular supplier's have any clue as to what's happening, in fact our local store where several of us would buy boxes of 25 sheets have now taken it off their website because they are fed up of having NO supplies. ANY ANSWERS??? Kevin
Because the main european importer has gone bankrupt. https://www.graupner.com/

FDS

Elite member
You can make all the FT designs from Westfoam, the UK standard. It is heavier, you need to use 3mm Westboard for minis, rest can be made in 4mm. You need to add length in the nose, usually about 30mm to get the balance right. You can take the paper off as well, on the inside, to reduce the weight.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Lol I was just online to buy another box of 6mm depron and as above cane get the sheets is used to use 😭
what we all building with in the UK ? And where you guys n gals getting it from ?
I prefer paperless board

FDS

Elite member
I just use Westboard stuff off eBay. I buy FT kits when they are available if I feel rich!

The Fopster

Master member
I'm lucky - got a box of 25 sheets of FT stuff for Christmas (my wife is very clever!). Sourced from Leeds Model Shop in the UK before they sold out. I'm planning to make it last. Don't know where the next batch would come from...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I'm lucky - got a box of 25 sheets of FT stuff for Christmas (my wife is very clever!). Sourced from Leeds Model Shop in the UK before they sold out. I'm planning to make it last. Don't know where the next batch would come from...
Ahhh! that was you eh???

messyhead

I got sheets of foam board from Hobby Craft last year that was on offer. It's coated with white paper, but not sure of the make. I built a model with it, and it flew OK. But I've not been back to see if they have anymore, and I don't need more yet.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I got sheets of foam board from Hobby Craft last year that was on offer. It's coated with white paper, but not sure of the make. I built a model with it, and it flew OK. But I've not been back to see if they have anymore, and I don't need more yet.
They still sell it, 3 sheets for a tenner normally. search in the stores, there usually a pile. It's Westboard, much heavier than Flitetest foamboard

Javiester

Elite member
I have found these two close to home in Spain
50x70cm

IMG_20200229_130157.jpg

IMG_20200229_130139.jpg