event Planing "MARZZ - the zambian aviation edu-tour by akuzike"

Jnr Kuzi

Hey guys, i'd like to thank all of you who have supported me through my endevour to promote & grow the hobby in my country Zambia.
I'd like to thank Stephan Oosterhout (stay-fun), thomas walter (Balu) & Don-Chesser for the finances.
Thank you guys
Okay down to business now, so far i have spoken with 2 school administrators in my city who have gladly accepted to let me educate their students on the weekends, they have given me full access to The Labs,Gyms & Sports fields. So i would like to Make a Proper plan to make a successful program. However you know my organisation is a One man operation so i am always looking for help. How ever this time its not money im looking for..
I was on hobbyking today & i came accross nice rubberband powered planes but then buying them in bulk would really stretch my budget which i cant afford to do because my intention is to get everyone that attends Flying & i can only afford 30gliders.
So since i cant afford to get everyone flying, i have decided to teach the attendies & then build 5-electric gliders (like these :http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGoNRQamdcs) for each school i visit so they can share and all have fun.
My Goal list is to buy :
-Balsa wood
-6mm coreless motors
-55mm propellers
-2mm styrofoam sheets (plates)
-brandnew soldering gear.

i have a low budget guys, so i need your help. If you have any dead micro helicopters & planes that you have no use for, would you kindly sell to me all the Internal electronics. I will pay for shipping if thats a problem for you.

I also need a someone to Mentor me as i grow my organisation.
Please shoot me with a Private message or Email "akuzikejnr@gmail.com"

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
This might be interesting for you too:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...rs-by-ScienceToymaker-org&p=130313#post130313

Those "air surf gliders" are build from scrap styrofoam. I've seen a hot wire cutter based on a piece of wood, two screws, rubber band, some "heat wires" and a battery charger on the forum somewhere too that was used to cut the foam from old packaging.

Another option might by styrofoam plates that is used by restaurants for take away food.

Jnr Kuzi

thank you balu, the science toymaker is the same person who i got the idea from. Styrofoam plates work fine but they make heavy wings, so i want to try using 2mm light sheets to get longer distance & higher altitude.

I would like to slice up some foam container, but my hot wire cutter doesnt give me neat results, thats why i just want to buy.hehe

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I think you should do what Flite Test did. Have everybody make their own "chuck glider". http://www.flitetest.com/articles/control-surface-workshop

Keep it something simple. I don't know what age group or how comfortable you are giving everyone a knife, so maybe having them cut it out is a bad idea. Maybe cut everything out yourself but keep them involved as much as possible.

I think the design of the glider is going to depend on what material you make them out of. I agree that the cheaper the better. Even if you had a decent budget, cheaper is better. You want the kids to be able to take what they learn and expand on it.

I don't know what kind of foam is easy to come by where you are. Plates, take out boxes, sheets that you buy, or what.

Jnr Kuzi

thanks for the reference spaceflight.
i am targeting 12-15 year old kids. The reason why i dont want to do free flight gliders is because i want to teach them basic skills with electrical engineering like soldering & power/energy flows in a circuit and then combine it with the aviation knowledge i teach them.
Last time i taught a 9year boy fluid dynamics & guided him as he made a simple airpowered Boat for his science fair & won 1st prize. I was really proud of his work & decided to keep inspiring :) , check it out :https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-d.ak/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/1900534_665713076809260_774323161_o.jpg