Extreme Squirreltail 300 Coming at you

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well tested some big props and jury is out on the 13X4W APC prop to run on 3S, will save the 4S and 6S until we see how it actually flies if at all. The thrust stand isn't designed for such a large Inrunner motor so I had to jimmie up a little extra plate to mount it on but it also mounted the motor quite a bit higher then the actual sliding table and when you got close to 3/4 throttle I think it flexed enough and then starts a vibration so I couldn't run it up to get max numbers. It did the same thing with all the large props, going to have to design a plate that mounts right to the sliding table and extends forward ((might work :) ) . But on 3S and about 3/4 throttle close to 100 oz of thrust, 650 watts and about 70A and this prop pushes a ton of air but is hungry for amps, i felt like I was standing in a wind tunnel.

Also printed some vents to let air through the chassis.

2020_0225_221238_001.JPG View attachment 2020_0225_223330_001.JPG 2020_0225_223341_002.JPG

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
is the new servo working properly?
Haven't put it in yet, my other kicker today one switch on the T16 is gone possessed. SA and SB are somehow shorted internal , SA doesn't work unless SB is in neutral or down and then when you use it, it changes SB's position. I haven't touched it in a month and today when I turned it on it came up with the switch warning and all switches were up. Sent a letter off to the seller at Amazon to see what he wants to do before I do the return , parts would be easy to install.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well new servo is in and works like a charm , -------------so far that is :) . Just glad it wasn't a aileron servo because that would mean surgery .

Wildthing

Legendary member
With the clamp flicked up they should slide out horizontally - I reseated all of mine (probably unnecessarily) when I was poking around in the back! :D
I know they should but it wasn't loose and I didn't want to break something . Waiting to hear back from them, sent them a little video showing the problem Told them I can change the parts if you send them to me. I requested both switches with that circuit board that both switches are attached to along with a new ribbon.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Killing time, started designing another one, intent is to go mostly fb but I want to then go with a one piece wing non removable so that means the fuse will have to change slightly. Started on the wing first of course :) . All fb other then a cf rod spar (green) which will be housed in a FB spar (pink) and the ribs will be fb also.
Going to do the same as I did with the tail feather and sand the TE to a taper and then fold and laminate the wing together. Ailerons will be cut out after and will still do the balsa hinging.

WIP 1.jpg WIP 2.jpg WIP 3.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Killing time, started designing another one, intent is to go mostly fb but I want to then go with a one piece wing non removable so that means the fuse will have to change slightly. Started on the wing first of course :) . All fb other then a cf rod spar (green) which will be housed in a FB spar (pink) and the ribs will be fb also.
Going to do the same as I did with the tail feather and sand the TE to a taper and then fold and laminate the wing together. Ailerons will be cut out after and will still do the balsa hinging.

View attachment 160154 View attachment 160155 View attachment 160156
Sweet! Just for me! :ROFLMAO::love: