Extreme Squirreltail 300 Coming at you

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - how did I miss this - WOW - the foils section are getting better and better - she looks like she will be a beast when completed - what power train will you use? :)

Well we will see, if you go through the thread I built 2 already, one with a lot of 3D printing and iron on covering and removable wing, second one was more like this one with the exception I redesigned the tail feathers so only one servo required for the elevator. 2nd flight of the foam board one (yellow) a elevator servo I think screwed up in a corner and spiraled into the ground . The blue one with all the 3D printing was a lot heavier and even to balance it I used 2 3000mah 3S batteries. It was flying stable as could be and on the second circuit I saw a piece fall, then another and then down came the plane. After finding the pieces it was first the prop and shaft which just wasn't strong enough , it started to bend which vibrated bad enough to break the motor mount then it just broke so it fell to the ground and right after that the motor fell out . (5mm cheap chinese metal) . So this is number 3 :) .

Wildthing

Legendary member
Front fuse can go on now, then the tail section right after. Crap I do have a few wrinkles :(

2020_0706_083838_002.JPG
2020_0706_090808_001.JPG