• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Extreme Squirreltail 300 Coming at you

BATTLEAXE

First real almost full flight with the Extreme. Propped it down to a 11X7 instead of that 13X4W prop just to relive some stress it generates and it still had great power. Actually even played a bit with it seeing how balance it was inverted and very little elevator required to stay level so maybe a little playing with the cg . Rolls no problem and and it seems to keep a straight line, loops are easy and heck I even did one knife edge. But there was a little snap and then a slight vibration so I brought it down quick before anything left me and it all came home in one piece. Slight little crack in the motor mount and I think I have the cure for that.

That turned out to be a pretty quick plane man. Maneuverable as it should be but that was half throttle? Slick machine

Wildthing

That turned out to be a pretty quick plane man. Maneuverable as it should be but that was half throttle? Slick machine
Just 1/2 most of the flight, I did dial it up a bit compared to the last time and added another flight mode with a bit more yet, will slowly turn it up as long as it keeps coming home in one piece :) .

Wildthing

2 full batteries ran through the Extreme , no snaps, pops, cracks or vibrations and the motor is still in it. Time to give it some color now. :)

It flies rather well, slowly turning the rates up on it , I think it is going to be a fun plane. :)

Wildthing

Well tempted fate going out in 44k winds but all came home intact. My new Extreme handles the wind pretty good for being such a big bird. No real fancy stunts today other then an almost text book vertical landing.
I tried to taxi it back but as soon as I would give it any power it wanted to lift.

Wildthing

A little thump a couple weeks ago showed up, I thought maybe the 3D printed mount was breaking but it was the foam cracking just behind the motor mount . Noticed the motor was moving around a bit to much after landing last time. Surgery table it is , a little bit of grafting and it is ready to fly again once the glue cures.
2020_0827_075823_001.JPG
2020_0827_091208_001.JPG
2020_0827_100550_001.JPG
2020_0827_101601_001.JPG
2020_0827_102213_001.JPG
2020_0827_104926_001.JPG
2020_0827_110705_001.JPG