EZ Pack Designs, Testing, and Mods

GrizWiz

Elite member
I wanted to post a thread were I put all of my designs, motor testing and other mods. @Ryan O. is working on a EZ Pack alternative and some 3D printed mounts. Here is his thread Community EZ Pack
Designs:
I have made a plans index with all of the EZ plane designs on this forum. You can find it Here
Testing:
1) Motors: Motor size is 7*16mm motors. I have tested the motors that came with this frame. Unfortunately I cannot use the propellers that came in the EZ pack without modifications.
Whoop Frame Kit Sort of success
2) Micro EDFs: I made some micro EDFs from the frame above. Unfortunately these EDF do not produce very much thrust compared to the motor and propellers in the EZ Pack. Failed
3) 3.7v 500mah drone battery. Success
Mods:

1) Micro FPV camera mod. I used this camera and soldered a female micro jst 1.25 connector to the battery wires. Then I could plug the FPV camera in directly to the board. I tested the camera in the LED light slots but for some reason would not turn on.
Here are the Jst Connectors and Camera I used. Success
IMG_20210126_102333538.jpg

2) Additional Motors in the Lights Port. I tested additional motors in the lights port but they are half as strong as the motors in the correct port. Failed

I will add more later as time goes on

I want to test using a cheap RC Helicopter as a alternative after seeing these videos

Last edited:

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I wanted to post a thread were I put all of my designs, motor testing and other mods. @Ryan O. is working on a EZ Pack alternative and some 3D printed mounts. Here is his thread Community EZ Pack
Designs:
I have made a plans index with all of the EZ plane designs on this forum. You can find it Here
Testing:
1) Motors: Motor size is 7*16mm motors. I have tested the motors that came with this frame. Unfortunately I cannot use the propellers that came in the EZ pack without modifications.
Whoop Frame Kit Sort of success
2) Micro EDFs: I made some micro EDFs from the frame above. Unfortunately these EDF do not produce very much thrust compared to the motor and propellers in the EZ Pack. Failed
Mods:

1) Micro FPV camera mod. I used this camera and soldered a female micro jst 1.25 connector to the battery wires. Then I could plug the FPV camera in directly to the board. I tested the camera in the LED light slots but for some reason would not turn on.
Here are the Jst Connectors and Camera I used. Success
2) Additional Motors in the Lights Port. I tested additional motors in the lights port but they are half as strong as the motors in the correct port. Failed

I will add more later as time goes on

I want to test using a cheap RC Helicopter as a alternative after seeing these videos
Yup, the files should be out soonish because the new computer will be here Monday :D