EZ Pack Indoor Airsled

Hover Racer

The weather here in NY is horrible and I'm stuck inside. I decided to make a fun Airsled similar to the one FT made in this video.
IMG_20200410_182655798.jpg

I used the new EZ Pack and some extra whoop motors I had lying around. The frame is composed of foam board and cardboard. I coated the bottom of the frame with painters tape. The vertical stabilizers are required, without them the thing does infinite donuts. The sled pretty fun to drive with the help of the EZ pack gyros! It can slide over both carpet and hard floor.

BikeDad613

We made a similar airsled yesterday based on your photo, but we used the motors and props that came with the EZ Pack. It's super fun, but it is twitchy and hard to control with the flat bottom! If the motors were spaced further apart and the sled longer, would that make it easier to control?

Attachments

• 20201228_145508.jpg
    20201228_145508.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
We made a similar airsled yesterday based on your photo, but we used the motors and props that came with the EZ Pack. It's super fun, but it is twitchy and hard to control with the flat bottom! If the motors were spaced further apart and the sled longer, would that make it easier to control?
Probably the piece of foam board in the front is causing it to lose its ability to steer as it acts as a rudder!

Hover Racer

I found the same thing with mines. I ended up doing whatGrizWiz suggested and moved the battery all the way to the front of the sled. I also found adding blue tape to the bottom helped it grip around turns. Happy drifting!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

that receiver has gyros on it IIRC and expects to be mounted vertically, it being mounted that way could be causing it to fight you some.

get it orientated the same way as it would be in one of the flying things and it might work better for you.