EZ Pack Plans Index

GrizWiz

Elite member
@GrizWiz thank you sooomuch for sharing. This is feast! Do you happen to design EZ Hornet? I really liked the two stabilizer jet. Thanks much!
I happen to have a ez f-18 design! Let me see if I can find it. I am not sure how well it will fly. I have only tested it as a chuck glider.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Here. You will need to make some modifications to add the ez power pack. I would cut a place for the motors along the score cut on the wing.

Attachments

• EZF-18V2page2.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
  • EZF-18V2page1.pdf
    10.2 KB · Views: 0

Nisar

Here. You will need to make some modifications to add the ez power pack. I would cut a place for the motors along the score cut on the wing.
You are so kind. Thank you so so much. Will post the pic once I make it ready. Now 3 other ez in progress already!
16283126889003176428863786566667.jpg

Nisar

Also, the chucks are for Kids and it might break easily wothout any protec coat. What do you suggest is the best other than taping? I am trying some epoxy coats.. not sure if it works. Any suggestions for me?
16283132812757246753038364700801.jpg

GrizWiz

Elite member
I would remove the foam before coating in epoxy as it will add some considerable weight. Does the foam dissolve when the epoxy touches it?

Nisar

I would remove the foam before coating in epoxy as it will add some considerable weight. Does the foam dissolve when the epoxy touches it?

Nope. It didnt and the foam is intact.. to my surptise no curling or shrinking so far. Will post an update tomorrow once it fully cures

Nisar

Didn't expects epoxy coat will be so brittle. I could dent it easily with my nail and snapped just like that without any flexibility.

Image 3, i taped it and then painted after sanding.. it is verymuch flexible but didnt snap at all! I consider this as the best possible and cheap idea for my future projects.

PS, Im just a beginner and this is my first RC project so lots of questions :)

Attachments

• 20210809_225151.jpg
    20210809_225151.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210809_225226.jpg
    20210809_225226.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210809_225248.jpg
    20210809_225248.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
Didn't expects epoxy coat will be so brittle. I could dent it easily with my nail and snapped just like that without any flexibility.

Image 3, i taped it and then painted after sanding.. it is verymuch flexible but didnt snap at all! I consider this as the best possible and cheap idea for my future projects.

PS, Im just a beginner and this is my first RC project so lots of questions :)
Interesting. I would try adding another coat or 2

Nisar

Interesting. I would try adding another coat or 2

I use epoxy for art and once I mixed little extra of 99% alcohol it became soft and flexible! Ofcourse at that time it was a fail art project.. but this may help for the foam to be little flexible rather than brittle.. have to thest this weekend.

If you happen to try, do tag me please.. thanks much.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Yeah, but thats a very small piece.. my weighing scale might not show accurate difference. 🤷‍♂️
Hmmm. Removing paper removed 70% of the weight. As long as a chuck glider is efficient enough and has the cg correct it will still fly!

Nisar

Hmmm. Removing paper removed 70% of the weight. As long as a chuck glider is efficient enough and has the cg correct it will still fly!

All my sheets are paperless. I just poated a new thread for help on that 😀

Yeah.. will have to try multiple coats atleast for chucks and check weight 👍