EZ Pack Plans Index

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Guess the proof with be in the doing. I'll build it and see if it at least glides. I really hope it flies. I want to do an "Air Force One" and an Iron Maiden "Ed Force One".
1633545846551.png

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Technically, if I was only doing the airframe with no skins, I could probably get it on a half sheet. Barring that, what do you think? 1/3 or 1/2 the size?
Yes, I see that.
I think you should try it at the current scale first, and if needed, make adjustments afterwards. No matter what, it looks amazing! :cool:(y)
Heck, I'd like to make it a profile plane scaled up for a twin A pack!

GrizWiz

Elite member
I would base your wingspan of of the FT EZ C-47. It has the same sort of swept wing and probably is a good place to start att. For my designs I usually try and keep them in the 14-18 inch range for wingspan. Those skins of yours look great! I have worked on some skins of my own and I think that they take the simple profile designs to a new level! I hope yours flies!

Also, sorry I haven't been very active lately, life has gotten very busy.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Also in my opinion wingspan does not matter quite that much. As long as a airframe is efficient enough it will fly either way. I flew a ez pack glider with a 32" wingspan and you can get a 25 minute flight time if you are careful with throttle. Either way I usually start with a wingspan ranging from 14-18 inches. It almost always puts me at a good size. If you are planning to put skins on the plane I would try and make it as light as possible without sacrificing the skins. This could be by removing paper from piece that are not seen or using less or a different glue.

Buckeye95

What typically is the issue when a model just will not fly?

I built a NerdNic F16 model and added the EZ pack, but it barely stays in the air and refuses to turn. Layout is as shown attached.

Based on a previous post, I thought I had laid out the components correctly. I also built two models, the first being a glider-only version so I could get the CG correct for the RC version. I thought it may have been a weight issue (which was the case with the V-Tail model I built from the EZ pack), but my F16 has almost all of the paper off and weighs in at 42.5 grams (with motors, electronics, and battery). Could the props be too far inbound? I am wondering if maybe the thrust gets a bit washed out by the elevators in back, especially when turning.

Anyone have any thoughts on what my issue might be? I have successfully built and flown two of the EZ pack models (V-tail and Canard), so I know it's not due to my inexperience in the air.

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_190651577.jpg
    IMG_20211011_190651577.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211011_190713826.jpg
    IMG_20211011_190713826.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211011_190724081_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211011_190724081_HDR.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 0

Marzipan

I built a NerdNic F16 model and added the EZ pack, but it barely stays in the air and refuses to turn. Layout is as shown attached.

Based on a previous post, I thought I had laid out the components correctly. I also built two models, the first being a glider-only version so I could get the CG correct for the RC version. I thought it may have been a weight issue (which was the case with the V-Tail model I built from the EZ pack), but my F16 has almost all of the paper off and weighs in at 42.5 grams (with motors, electronics, and battery). Could the props be too far inbound? I am wondering if maybe the thrust gets a bit washed out by the elevators in back, especially when turning.

Anyone have any thoughts on what my issue might be? I have successfully built and flown two of the EZ pack models (V-tail and Canard), so I know it's not due to my inexperience in the air.

you probably need to give the wings some bihedral.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

I've found that the motors work best at 6" apart.
Without up elevator, it might not fly.
Max weight at ~60-65g works best for me.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
You need ta feed that thing a burger or three. That's far too skinny to be a passenger liner.

Looks about like this haha..

Yeah she's one layer thick all right! lol She's also about to get an RX burger with Lipo and a side of motors. If the electronics are around 20 grams then my AUW should be around 52-55 grams. Not bad (I don't think/guess) for about a 20" wingspan and a 23" fuse.