Help! EZ Pack swappable design?

Thorondor

I have the overwhelming urge to be able to fly dozens of different EZ Pack models but only buy a single EZ Pack. Rather than destroy my model to salvage the components when I want to build a new airframe, I would really like to have a swappable system that allows me to have multiple airframes ready to all use the same EZ Pack. 3d printed detachable mounts for the motors and FC board would be ideal, but I'm not good enough with CAD to pull that off. Does anybody have suggestions/solutions?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@Thorondor I like what your putting down.

Taping the motors in holds up fairly well (esp when crashing isn't consistent.) see the EZ wright Flyer. maybe making 3d printing some clips like from the original mount, or even making one from a bent gift card. then glue that into the plane.

Thorondor

@Thorondor I like what your putting down.

Taping the motors in holds up fairly well (esp when crashing isn't consistent.) see the EZ wright Flyer. maybe making 3d printing some clips like from the original mount, or even making one from a bent gift card. then glue that into the plane.
Taping is so far my best option, but I was worried regular scotch tape wouldn't be firm enough to keep the motors from falling out midflight.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
They work if you tape over the edge too. and don't remove them. it's after a crash that they don't hold all the time.

Scotto

Elite member
have the overwhelming urge to be able to fly dozens of different EZ Pack models but only buy a single EZ Pack.
Same. Although after building AgentCs Bronco last night I think it looks good enough to keep its own pack. What about some Ultra micro velcro ? I just got my ez pack in the mail the other day so I dont really know what Im doing at all. I know from putting lights in a plane that hot glue conducts electricity so be careful with that.

Last edited:

Thorondor

Same. Although after building AgentCs Bronco last night I think it looks good enough to keep its own pack. What about some Ultra micro velcro ? I just got my ez pack in the mail the other day so I dont really know what Im doing at all. I know from putting lights in a plane that hot glue conducts electricity so be careful with that.
I thought about that but I figured velcro would be too "mushy."