Spitfire76

Maiden of the EZ Jet ME262 went well, amazing how well it flies. Only thing is the battery came out after a couple of flights and messed up the CG. There really needs a better way to secure the battery. Also is it really necessary to remove the paper on these planes now that we have V2 of the power pack ? It really makes the planes very fragile.

Attachments

• IMG_4589.JPEG
    IMG_4589.JPEG
    544.2 KB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Maiden of the EZ Jet ME262 went well, amazing how well it flies. Only thing is the battery came out after a couple of flights and messed up the CG. There really needs a better way to secure the battery. Also is it really necessary to remove the paper on these planes now that we have V2 of the power pack ? It really makes the planes very fragile.
I always leave the paper on.

AgentC

Elite member
Does anyone know if the battery on the EZ power pack V2 is protected from being over discharged ? Only I would hope that it cuts power if it detects the battery is getting close to the 3.3v mark.

On another note I checked and it does have a failsafe mechanism as the throttle is cut if signal is lost.
The batteries do come with overcharge protection. Good to know about the failsafe on the throttle!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I just watched the Flite Crew's latest YouTube vid and I think I'm going to build an EZ Air Boat this weekend.
They're a blast! started building them about 3 or 4 months ago and I'm working on my 4th one, now. They can be pretty fast for something so small.

AgentC

Elite member
I made a few snow skimmers out of foam trays, then decided to make a foam board version (PDF attached). Works great indoors and on smooth ice and snow. Bumpy snow makes it a bit tricky, but still a hoot...

1000020722.jpg

1000021498.jpg

1000019287.jpg

1000019284.jpg

Attachments

• EZ Skimmer v1.1 (Beta).pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 0

luvmy40

Elite member
So, with the air boats, we are not worried about the FC function of the EZ control board so orientation is not important, correct?

On second thought; we would still need forward to be "forward so the left/right stabilization doesn't think it is reacting to outside influence when responding to rudder input?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
So, with the air boats, we are not worried about the FC function of the EZ control board so orientation is not important, correct?

On second thought; we would still need forward to be "forward so the left/right stabilization doesn't think it is reacting to outside influence when responding to rudder input?
Correct orientation is still needed.

Spitfire76

Decided to try the EZ Intruder but will need to change the V2 power pack motors from pushers to tractors. Do I just swap the props and if so what's the best way to remove them ?

Attachments

• 0C4ADBA2-103C-4955-AA41-59ADB866326C.jpg
    0C4ADBA2-103C-4955-AA41-59ADB866326C.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0

AgentC

Elite member
Decided to try the EZ Intruder but will need to change the V2 power pack motors from pushers to tractors. Do I just swap the props and if so what's the best way to remove them ?
Same as a v1's for prop rotation. The only issue is that the props are a bit more difficult to remove, and there is no prop removal tool now. Pinch and pull gently, but with some force. Good luck!

L Edge

Master member

IMG_1329.JPG

If you can find something plastic like this and shaped very thin at the bottom, it works real well in removing the prop. This tool was in a battery changing unit (Apple) kit and it serves the purpose. Make sure you are holding the motor's casing unit while removing.