EZ Raptor

EZ Raptor v1.0

Please log in to download

GrizWiz

Elite member
You could try a V tail design. The Control board that comes with the F-22 is only able to be used with elevrons or Ailerons and elevator. No rudder.

AussieBison

Yeah I have the eachine F-22. I started designing it for foamboard.

Great!! :) Do you have any ETA? Happy to be a beta builder..

You could try a V tail design. The Control board that comes with the F-22 is only able to be used with elevrons or Ailerons and elevator. No rudder.

Yeah... I think it's simple Ailerons + Elevator with awesome onboard gyro.. I might just make this one while yours gets released.
For the skins, do we really have to depaper the foamboard.. or could I just apply skins on papered fb? also, I would have to apply the skins before I start hot gluing pieces, right?

GrizWiz

Elite member
Great!! :) Do you have any ETA? Happy to be a beta builder..

Yeah... I think it's simple Ailerons + Elevator with awesome onboard gyro.. I might just make this one while yours gets released.
For the skins, do we really have to depaper the foamboard.. or could I just apply skins on papered fb? also, I would have to apply the skins before I start hot gluing pieces, right?
You can add it to the papered foam board but I am not sure how well it will fly. I need to make plans out of the model first but soon. Also I did not design it off of the EZ Raptor. I took 3 pictures of the eachine raptor and modeled it from there. If you want to use the skins you will have to modify them heavily. Also if you want to use the skins I would use the EZ Raptor.

AussieBison

You can add it to the papered foam board but I am not sure how well it will fly. I need to make plans out of the model first but soon. Also I did not design it off of the EZ Raptor. I took 3 pictures of the eachine raptor and modeled it from there. If you want to use the skins you will have to modify them heavily. Also if you want to use the skins I would use the EZ Raptor.

Wish I had modeling skills like you..
I will make @Addicted's EZ Raptor with one of your skins for now :)

GrizWiz

Elite member
I can make non-complex (very basic) models with Sketchup file, I will give Fusion 360 a try.
Do you think Fusion is more suitable for model designing? :unsure:
Sketchup was easier to learn. But it has limits. It is hard to design things based off of images. The curving geometry is really hard to do. In fusion it is easier to design things. At least in my opinion. You just need to figure out the basic tools then work your way up and try new things.

AussieBison

Sketchup was easier to learn. But it has limits. It is hard to design things based off of images. The curving geometry is really hard to do. In fusion it is easier to design things. At least in my opinion. You just need to figure out the basic tools then work your way up and try new things.

"The curving geometry is really hard to do" well said. I will give this a try, thanks for your input.. (y)