EZ Viking S3b by FoamyDM

EZ Viking S3b by FoamyDM 1.1

Please log in to download

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
FoamyDM submitted a new resource:

EZ Viking S3b by FoamyDM - An EZ pack powered plane for backyard flying or to populate your Scale USS Nimitz model!

FoamyDM's EZ-Viking S3b Yard flyer
View attachment 196086

While building a MS large park size build of this model, I wanted to see if I make a quicker version of this Labor of love, to check CG and have some fun.
(glide test model)
View attachment 196085 View attachment 196057
(see below on the progress shot of the bigger version)
The EZ-Viking S3b weighs 40g.
View attachment 196058

Flight
It flies fairly well on a light breeze:

Read more about this resource...

GrizWiz

Elite member
I noticed on your plans that in the key the remove paper and remove foam are swapped!

Edit: no longer a problem

Last edited:

GrizWiz

Elite member
I had a idea for a thrust vectoring system using the 3 channel pack. You could use the servo to move the motors up and down instead of a elevator!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I had a idea for a thrust vectoring system using the 3 channel pack. You could use the servo to move the motors up and down instead of a elevator!
Do you have a link to how you can get a servo on these? where to the wires hookup at?

FishbonesAir

Hey Foamy? At FF2023, I heard the STEM guys talking about how much better (more powerful) the latest EZ power pack was vs the older ones. Same guy said his boys had figured out how to put two packs together into one "turbo" pack, that made the little F-18 STEM aircraft fly really fast.

You might give it another go using a new EZ power pack and one of these techniques.