• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

F-104 Starfighter -70mm EDF

Vimana89

For a plane that had notoriously sketchy handling at full scale, yours handles beautifully! I've always liked the f104. I'm considering taking a crack at a small prop version some time, and a profile plane with a prop in slot is sounding like the lightest and most practical approach, though I could build a basic box fuselage just as easily. Any advice?

Last edited:
For a plane that had notoriously sketchy handling at full scale, yours handles beautifully! I've always liked the f104. I'm considering taking a crack at a small prop version some time, and a profile plane with a prop in slot is sounding like the lightest and most practical approach, though I could build a basic box fuselage just as easily. Any advice?
You're right, the F-104 is a very sketchy handling plane. The only way I could get around it was by making the wings a little bit larger than scale and keeping the build light. I think I increased the size of my design 3 times in total. The real trick is to keep the wing loading as low as possible.