F-105 Thunderchief 70mm EDF

Zephyr1

Elite member
So I made this back in April, because Chuppster suggested it. And he's done a great job of getting me to actually make some plans. I recently finished the plans for him, and decided I should share them with the rest of you. Maybe it'll hold Daniel over on the F-104 (I'll have those plans done soon lol). Anyway, here are the specs and a video! I also think I might've finally beat John Overstreet to a US jet design :) I'll admit the build is challenging, and as for the inlets, mine were not large enough and i had to include a cheater hole.

Length: 57.8 in
Wingspan: 31.5in
Motor: FMS 6 blade 70mm EDF
Battery: 2800-3200 mAh 4s or 6s
F-105.2.JPG

Flight Video!!

Plans:

Attachments

• F-105-1.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F-105-2.pdf
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • F-105-3.pdf
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
  • F-105-5.pdf
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
  • F-105-4.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
So I made this back in April, because Chuppster suggested it. And he's done a great job of getting me to actually make some plans. I recently finished the plans for him, and decided I should share them with the rest of you. Maybe it'll hold Daniel over on the F-104 (I'll have those plans done soon lol). Anyway, here are the specs and a video! I also think I might've finally beat John Overstreet to a US jet design :) I'll admit the build is challenging, and as for the inlets, mine were not large enough and i had to include a cheater hole.

Length: 53 in
Wingspan: 34in
Motor: FMS 6 blade 70mm EDF
Battery: 2800 mAh 4s

View attachment 133563

Flight Video!!

Full Plans:
I AM GOING TO BUY A 70MM FAN FOR THIS!!!! Finally someone has made a foam version of the best looking jet ever made!

Last edited:

JTarmstr

Elite member
Hey its a thud, I dont know how its the best jet ever made unless you like Hanoi but its pretty sleek looking. I am rather excited for this.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Alright everyone, after significant redesign, I've created a much better set of plans and a somewhat different aircraft! Here's some pics! (should be another century series fighter inbound soon :) )

F-105.1.JPG
F-105.2.JPG
F-105.3.JPG

Ogenyahu

I freaking love this idea, I started out making 50mm jets, I can't wait to see it!!
So did I!
I still have 2 30mm Edf's waiting to get into some airframe.
I guess I'll just scratch build a B2 out of balsa around these motors

Anyway the 105 is gonna be built!