F-16 Take Off failure

benrh108

Just got a F-16 Flex Jet from flex Innovations, Batterys came in for the plane but I notice when I throttle up, Throttle is only capable of taxiing but not taking off. It taxis pretty fast feels like the plane is about to lift but never does. I use a Flysky i6x transmitter for extra list, I dont know. Any help?

Piotrsko

Master member
Did you charge the batteries, take off into the wind, add a bit of up trim, and have a place big enough? Everything I ever flew off a paved surface needed a touch of positive rotation by pulling a bit of up because everyone knows the ground sucks.

SSgt Duramax

did you calibrate your throttle?
Sounds like this may be it. Also, trouble shoot the following:

Make sure your battery is charged. This may sound stupid, but just Saturday I launched a plane and hit low voltage cut on climb out. I was up about 30 feet and a 30-40 degree climb angle. Luckily it was an easy plane to fly, so I brought it back around and landed with the wind. A little hot but unscathed. This is what I get for not keeping track of my batteries.

Check your wiring really well. If you soldered it yourself or the factory did, it is always worth checking to see if the joints are good and the insulation/heat shrink hasn't peeled back.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @mrjdstewart, try calibrating the ESC. Here are the steps, must be followed in order.

Remove the prop.
Turn on the Tx, & move the throttle to high.
Plug in the ESC, wait for a beep
Move the throttle to low, wait for a beep.
Unplug the ESC & turn off the Tx.

The ideas is to show the ESC what full throttle and low throttle look like.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I agree with @mrjdstewart, try calibrating the ESC. Here are the steps, must be followed in order.

Remove the prop.
Turn on the Tx, & move the throttle to high.
Plug in the ESC, wait for a beep
Move the throttle to low, wait for a beep.
Unplug the ESC & turn off the Tx.

The ideas is to show the ESC what full throttle and low throttle look like.
its an edf tho
Just got a F-16 Flex Jet from flex Innovations, Batterys came in for the plane but I notice when I throttle up, Throttle is only capable of taxiing but not taking off. It taxis pretty fast feels like the plane is about to lift but never does. I use a Flysky i6x transmitter for extra list, I dont know. Any help?
WAIT most battreys dont come fully charged, maybe charge it?

skymaster

Elite member
hello like mrjdsteward said did you calibrate your throtle and have you flown before.

L Edge

Master member
Sounds like a lack of power, so did you order the right battery? You should have a 6S 5200 or6200mah with 40C installed and fully charged. It is important that you have the 6S.

Another possible area to check is the tailerons direction matches the manual. You might have one or more of the control(s) reversed. If it is elevator, it won't get airborne.

I hope you have the necessary skills to fly EDF jets(different than props). This one is fast and look at the flare(watch the video) to slow it down and land. This is not a beginners jet.