F-22 Raptor

DJO

I'm so glad that you embedded the video here because it's blocked on YouTube with safety mode enabled for us young pilots. :( Fortunately embedding the video is the loophole to get around the safety block. Nothing bad in the video that I can see :confused: because if I couldn't watch this I'd go crazy seeing the video on my YouTube homepage and not being able to watch it!

Great episode!

Working on baking a pie in a plane yet, Chad? :D -Dan

Last edited:

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I built one of these some time back but I rigged mine up with Ailerons . . really like the way they fly and look :)

May have a go at another. Great flying :)

This is the one I made:
F22.jpg F22-2.jpg

John Campbell

Great Video Guys.. Keep up the great work. This may have to be one for me to build. Easy to carry, easy to toss in the air.

John Campbell

I'm so glad that you embedded the video here because it's blocked on YouTube with safety mode enabled for us young pilots. :( Fortunately embedding the video is the loophole to get around the safety block. Nothing bad in the video that I can see :confused: because if I couldn't watch this I'd go crazy seeing the video on my YouTube homepage and not being able to watch it!

Great episode!

Working on baking a pie in a plane yet, Chad? :D -Dan

Glad you got to see the video. By reviewing the footage, and knowing that youtube test each video before posting to put blocks up to prevent young eyes from seeing what they should see (or hear)... the only thing I could see around 2:30 to 2:40 when talking about the "RUNS", "Having The Runs".... I think that would have been the only thing that could have thrown up a flag. By the same token on a 2nd computer where I was not logged in as a user it allowed me to view it, so I do not know...

adrian.virnig

i would like to know exactly what you used electronics and settings wise for both planes so i get a feel of the "beginner" level of the airframe, and then where it is "maxed". did you use the same gear in both planes, just with a slowfly prop in the slower one,, and if so, what was both props? like a 6040, or what?

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I've got some grey depron (3mm) kicking about which has been waiting for a parkjet project. This sounds the ticket... might go slightly smaller to suit 2S and 6" prop for a spare motor which was powering an MS Swift until my wife drove over it.

Bollie

Just looking at this model.. Any good reason not to install Rudders? Should be an easy mod.

I built one of these too, slightly different plan though, I put rudders on mine, but after the first flight I found that when your flying at speed you don't really need them, they only really come in handy if your trying to do a high alpha. The mistake I did is that my rudders were not in the prop wash so they are completely useless at slow speeds when you need them for a high alpha. So yes you can put rudders on them but make sure that they are in the prop wash.

dezertdog

Chad, could you post a little blurb on how you painted this? The brand of paint and technique? I've got my first foamy sitting here waiting for paint, and my test panels so far leave something to be desired...

Thanks!

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Chad, could you post a little blurb on how you painted this? The brand of paint and technique? I've got my first foamy sitting here waiting for paint, and my test panels so far leave something to be desired...

Thanks!

I'm not Chad, but:

You need tons of patience. Only do light passes. First pass, only make it a light gray tone. Then let it dry. Next pass, a little darker. Next one a little darker, and so on. LET DRY BETWEEN PASSES. That's the only trick I know.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Also keep your spraycan away from the foam, so the paintdust just falls on the foam instead of being thrown towards it. You can paint a dark gray tone using just black paint.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Man I can't wait for the BUILD video because If it took you 8sec then wow.

8 Seconds per plane, that's what I like about them . . mind you my hotglue gun took longer than that to warm up . . I guess they must have prewarmed their one ;)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Awesome-
All foams aren't created equal
All paints aren't created equal

You already discovered the biggest secret and learned the value of using a test panel :)
Glad to hear the paint went well. PICTURES?

natescraigslist

OK guys hello, i have purchased the foam and carbon to build this airplane, does anyone have a quick explanation on how jets work if they had V rudder and ailerons along with the elevons, how would you set that up with the turnigy 9x tx and can someone provide a simple principal of the configuration and explination thank you very much

Pauwels7

Partlist

Nice plane!
Does anyone know the parts list of hobbyking. Or what type of motor and ESC is good for this airplane?
Or a perfect setup?
Thx!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
This is what we are using for the coroplast version-
Motor FC2812
Prob 7x6 hobbyking apc clone
ESC HobbyKing 25-30 card programmable
Battery 3s 1300mah Nanotech
Servo x2 HXT900 (mg90s metal gear would probably work a treat on this plane too)
Orange 6ch DSM2 receiver

Awesome plane, excellent design.
Perfect setup? I don't know, this design handles changes very well, I think it would do well with a wide range of motor/prop/battery combinations.