F-22 Raptor

StinkySQL

8 Seconds? Almost ...

Most of the time involved waiting for the paint to dry. Can't wait to get a motor for it.
SS

ReadyForHardware.jpg

StinkySQL

Nice plane!
Does anyone know the parts list of hobbyking. Or what type of motor and ESC is good for this airplane?
Or a perfect setup?
Thx!

From the video they stated:

Motor: HobbyKing Park 300 (1600kv)
Prop: Pusher - no spec
Prop Saver
ESC: Plush 12A
Rcvr: Hobby King Orange DMS2
Servo: Turnigy 9 gram (two needed)
Batt: 3S 500ma - looks like a Turnigy
Misc hardware for Servos, hinges

I have all that from other builds, except the motor. All good stuff.
If you follow the thread they listed there are several other recommendations from the folks at RCGroups.
SS

adrian.virnig

Prop Saver

If you follow the thread they listed there are several other recommendations from the folks at RCGroups.
SS

what i really want to know are the DR/EXP settings for both planes along with both prop specs

Pauwels7

Prop Saver

SS

Thx!

Are there other parts that i must buy? Or good for reserve stuff. Like nives,push rods,connectors,shrink tube. I search all the stuff for begin this nice hobby! Tips are welcome!
I'm a beginner with planes. I have only experience with heli's.

Pauwels7

This is what we are using for the coroplast version-
Motor FC2812
Prob 7x6 hobbyking apc clone
ESC HobbyKing 25-30 card programmable
Battery 3s 1300mah Nanotech
Servo x2 HXT900 (mg90s metal gear would probably work a treat on this plane too)
Orange 6ch DSM2 receiver

Awesome plane, excellent design.
Perfect setup? I don't know, this design handles changes very well, I think it would do well with a wide range of motor/prop/battery combinations.

Thx!

Are there other parts that i must buy? Or good for reserve stuff. Like nives,push rods,connectors,shrink tube. I search all the stuff for begin this nice hobby! Tips are welcome!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Thx!

Here is a parts list for a FT Flyer / BluDart foamie. The links at the bottom of the post are for hardware fitting foamies. Check them out.

jelofson

Hi Friends,
I have a real noob question here regarding this great plane. So I built one, but had the cog too far forward and had a hard time flying it. After coming down a couple of times, the motor mount gave way, but is easy to fix. The rc groups forum says cog is about 16 inches from the nose. Now, after all this, here is my question...is it acceptable to use a standard prop with the motor spinning in the opposite direction to normal? The prop is mounted with the lettering facing the direction of flight. This seems like it should work. I have an apc pusher, but it doesn't mount well on the prop saver with lettering forward. In fact, i can not see how you would install it properly on a prop saver. I am using the hextronik 24gm 1300kv motor. The standard prop I am using is a Gws 8043. Thanks for any advice.

Jon

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yes. It's fine to use a standard prop. The motor doesn't care which way it spins.
I would guess that is what most of us do (use a standard prop) instead of locating pusher props.

jelofson

Yes. It's fine to use a standard prop. The motor doesn't care which way it spins.
I would guess that is what most of us do (use a standard prop) instead of locating pusher props.

@jetpackninja Thanks so much for the quick response! I feel more at ease now. Still very new but very addicted. Was flying my funbat today and had a blast!