F-22 Raptor

MrClean

Could be used? Must be used. The servos will plug into the aileron and elevator channels. If you plug them in, turn it on and when giving up control you get up elevator on both but aileron control gives you opposite control AND when you reverse ailerons gives you correct ailerons but the elevator is reversed, you need to swap the servos connections. Note, that if you reverse the throttle setting in the above situation your elevator will reverse and so will the aileron. It's just a function of the mixing that the servos need to be inserted in the correct position.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Ok was just trying to figure out if I could cheat and fly the F22 before I order a radio with elevon control.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
The radio can do vtail it's just where do the two servos get plugged into on the receiver, maybe that's my issue. I can not picture how its done. That's the one thing they left out in the build video, how to plug in the servos

MrClean

AWWWKKKKK

I'm sorry I really have you backerds there. You'll want Elevon mode not Vtail mode. Unless you really like to do the roll and pull with seperate sticks. Do able but different.

I'm sorry it didn't register on me that you're talking Vtail. What a jerk. Vtail mixing is rudder elevator. Elevon is Aileron/Elevator.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Even so, v-tail mixing is the same as elevon mixing. A V-tail mixer is the same as an elevon mixer.

V-tail is like elevons at 45º :D

MrClean

Even so, v-tail mixing is the same as elevon mixing. A V-tail mixer is the same as an elevon mixer.

V-tail is like elevons at 45º :D

True and for an aftermarket mixer it makes no difference but if at the TX it only has vtail he has problems.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Some generic one that came with my trainer rtf. I think it's going to be too much for my boy so I'm thinking of using the tx/rx from it for the nut ball we are going to build. Was just trying to see if I could use it to fly the f22 until I get one on the 9x types

MrClean

Yea, you'd need an add on mixer like the one I posted for the f-22 but it would work fine for a nutball and of course the 9x will cure all your ills.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I'm home from work so I snapped a couple pics of the transmitter. Edit: I found instructions online... It looks like that mix switch is in fact elevons. I might have lucked out. Some one read these and tell me if I'm right http://www.lowpricerc.com/productdesc/LPP/YTF-manual.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

MrClean

DUDE!!!! All this time you be wasting????? MANUAL

That switch that says A-nor and Mix is the Elevon mix. Stick your servos in the elevator and Aileron slot, push the switch to MIX and go fly!

And read the manual, never really hurts that much, though I hear that Turnigy 9x one is QUITE the thriller. However, I'm reading MacBeth right now and MAN I wish it was in English!

MrClean

Forgot to add, VIDEO. We wanna see that bad boy fly. You two have fun this weekend. Don't matter if it wrecks. I mean, don't aim for it, but expect it. Just have fun and get ready for the next build.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I totally miss understood what that mix switch was for. The trainer i have has a v tail i can install. me being the noob didnt understand the whole idea of v tail and elevon mixing. I'll be making my battery connections tonight and ill finish the build Saturday at work. Charge a few batteries and see what happens

CrashRecovery

Mentor
It's not working the way we think. Servos in mix mode need to be in elevator and rudder to work not aileron. So what now

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
It's not working the way we think. Servos in mix mode need to be in elevator and rudder to work not aileron. So what now

Dang, you'd have to fly separate sticks... you could get an onboard elevon/vtail mixer as an alternative.

MrClean

Let me delve into that manual a bit more. Well shoot, can't find anything. I suppose they could have flashed the transmitter for the airplane you were flying to do V-Tail instead of Elevons. Normally I've seen a switch to turn it from one to the other. You might try popping the back off and looking for something inside. You COULD see about swapping the rudder and Elevon connections, don't know if they were kind enough to have separate plugs for each, generally they're just wires in a group from one gimble or the other. Rats, thought we had it figured out.

When does that 9x get in? Mine is due next Wednesday and I ordered it Friday last week. DANG took em a week to ship the darn thing.