F-22 Raptor

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Ordering tomorrow along with a few other things to include parts for the nut ball. They have to be here by the 15th.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
So I now have it ready to fly...... Found an o ring in my tool box that fits. Might take it to the fire house on saturday. I know things look all weird but trust me its all level and even.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Well lets see does "that did not end well" sound familiar.......... Left and right are reversed, and trying to fly two stick with the backwards vtail/elevon thing I have going it did not end well. That and a servo jammed and caused it to roll over and crash. So I have a couple small repairs to do. But like its been said its a sheet of foam.... I'll gladly crash one of these then a $100 version of it.

restie

Great show. This particular F-22 flies great. But I thought was lacking in its structural integrity. I found the front wing area (in front of the prop slot) very weak and easily wobbled. I have modified and tweaked this version through several design trials and testing. Adjusting this and that on every new version to enhance its flight characteristics or improve its crash survivability. The result is posted on this link on RCGroups. Enjoy.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1800045

Attachments

• IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    941.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    940.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3428.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Believe it or not, you can get away with nothing more than glue -- ***Amazingly*** strong and super light.

If you use a rubber cement type glue (that won't eat the foam core -- can be hard to find) you apply glue to the edges of the hinge, wipe it off with your fingers and then use the excess on your fingers to know *when* to attach the surfaces. once it goes from liquid to tacky, it's ready. push 'em together and gently hold for a minute or two, then ignore it for an hour. These are great becase they're permanent and insensitive to summer heat.

For hot glue, align the hinge and apply the glue. Then as Bixler says, squeegee it crazy thin. The glue alone could hold it on, if you do both sides, but tape on one and glue on the other works splendidly.

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Silly question from a newbie.... how do you hinge the elevons?? Tape??
Thanks.
:)

If you're using a foam board with paper on each side, like Dollar Tree foam board, you can just use the paper that is on the foam board. When you cut the 45* bevel to create the hinge, you may end up cutting some of the paper. In which case you should use tape to strengthen it. Yes, you can also use glue to strengthen the hinge, but honestly, if you're a complete newbie, you're plane may not last that long. So adding the glue is probably an unnecessary step. But you could still do it.

saurabhg10

Hi, build the F22 raptor (flite test model) very carefully as per the instructions.

But facing 2 problems while flying (rather trying to):
1. The plane always dives down towards the left side.
2. 1400KV motor not generating enough thrust. Tried 2200kv motor which also is not generating enough thrust. Prop is 8X4.5

Need guidance on how to fix these issues.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Hi, build the F22 raptor (flite test model) very carefully as per the instructions.

But facing 2 problems while flying (rather trying to):
1. The plane always dives down towards the left side.
2. 1400KV motor not generating enough thrust. Tried 2200kv motor which also is not generating enough thrust. Prop is 8X4.5

Need guidance on how to fix these issues.
What battery are you using?

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Check these:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Check these:
Good find! TY

tomlogan1

Does anybody have a 3d printable motor mount for this F-22?
This will give you the fuselage all the way back to the motor mount. You can scale it up to fit the full size raptor as well. I've done both.

Here is an example of one finished:

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_114432407.jpg
    IMG_20231230_114432407.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0