F/A-18 swappable???????

earthsciteach

There are also velcro strips that act as zip ties. Insert the narrow end through the slot on the wider end and pull tight. The work REALLY well. Almost too well...

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Parts are ordered should be here on the 17th. So once the extensions are here they will get mounted and the bigger esc, to be safe, will get plugged in i will take it out and pray it flies

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Parts are in. Have to charge that massive 3300 3 cell. Then finish the wiring. Have to put deans connectors on the esc to match the new battery. Is this battery going to be too much? I've got my smaller 600 or 800 3 cells ( i cant remember which)but would have to put new connectors on them as I didn't buy connectors when I first bought them. So I just used what I had at home.

Purebredmongrel

Just looking at the design, I think a 3300 3cell would almost be too heavy. I could be wrong. I've tried something similar and it flapped like a seagull in the sky every time I pulled up. That was with a 2200. Worked better with a 1300mah. That was with carbon reinforcement and everything. Great design though. Can't wait to see how it fly's for you!

CrashRecovery

Mentor
It might be. Was just thinking that after holding that brick in my hand. I hope my little 3 cells have enough umph to move it

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I skipped it around the back yard. Half throttle it will leave my hands pretty easy. Control surfaces move it up and down pretty good. Now to take it out to a bigger field and try it out!

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I'm going to have to do some sort of design on it so it will be seen. The white may just blend out