F7F Tigercat

F7F Tigercat V1.0

Please log in to download

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The Hangar submitted a new resource:

F7F Tigercat - Made in the style of the Windestal Spit.

I started the Tigercat as a project for the design engagement challenge where the goal was to create a simple boxy plane similar to how FT planes were made previously to the MS planes. I took inspiration from David Windestal's fantastic Spitifre. Sure, it wasn't the most scale plane out there, but boy, does it ever fly amazing! I still have mine that I made in May 2019 and it...

Read more about this resource...

This Plane is a blast to Fly.
I flew mine with 2 2212, 1400kv orange bottoms.

Put the Batteries in the power pods, or split the power and stick a big one in the fuse.
Use the fuse for parachute drops or what ever makes you happy. this plane harkens back to the simple early days of Flite Test.
Flies well and easy to build. With a removable nose, you can't go wrong.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
It won't hurt to include your flight vid, or a picture of it in the overview.
Let's people know what they are in for.
F7FTigercat2.jpg

F7FTigercat.jpg

Modeled after this livery:
1610223914567.png

My Maiden Video:

Sam's video which inspired me to build it:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

chris398mx

Master member
Haha, I have the same issue! I’m just waiting on the aurduio for my needle cutter, but if it ends up working, I can send you the filed for it if you’d like.
Sounds good. I have the ERC timeSav. i just need to put it together. I have procrastinated this long, because the electronics part is not my strongsuit. LOL. I just need to push forward and ask for help if I get stuck.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Sounds good. I have the ERC timeSav. i just need to put it together. I have procrastinated this long, because the electronics part is not my strongsuit. LOL. I just need to push forward and ask for help if I get stuck.
I think it’s been about a year since mine got ordered, and I still don’t have it running correctly. :LOL: The videos seem to be pretty in-depth and good, so we’ll see if a brain as dumb as mine can manage to figure out how to flash an aurduino...

jpot1

Elite member
Can anyone share a weight on yours without battery? I only have two small quad motors and trying to figure out if there would be enough thrust or if I’d have to down size.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Can anyone share a weight on yours without battery? I only have two small quad motors and trying to figure out if there would be enough thrust or if I’d have to down size.
I’m coming in at just under 700 grams. Considering it had unlimited vertical in the B pack, I think you’d be fine, especially since I wasn’t focused on keeping it light.