Help! F949 broken landing gear!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi,

I was doing my second flight with my Wltoys F949. During a VERY hard landing, the front and back landing gear wire snapped.:( I ordered new ones from eBay but it is from China so it's going to take a few weeks to get here. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to make new front and back landing gear? I can still fly it without gear, but it is just not as fun as doing ground takeoffs.

Thank you for any help,
-CrazyFastFlying

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Here are some pictures:

DSCN5225.jpg
DSCN5227.jpg
DSCN5223.jpg

Here is what the front gear is supposed to look like:
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 9.07.35 PM.png

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Here are some pictures:
Here is what the front gear is supposed to look like:
Looks like you need some music wire of similar size. Need to bend you own gear. My local ACE hardwear has a good selection. A softer wire would be easier to work with but would not be as resilient. You may need to reform it ona hard landing. Walmart has a good selection of soft wires in the hardware section. They come in a small roll. To straighten, put one end of the wire in a vice and chuck the other end in a drill. Pull the wire taught & give the drill a spin, the wire will become straight as an arrow.

Last edited:

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Looks like you need some music wire of similar size. Need to bend you own gear. My local ACE hardwear has a good selection. A softer wire would be easier to work with but would not be as resilient. You may need to reform it on a hard landing. Walmart has a good selection of soft wires in the hardware section. They come in a small roll. To straighten, put one end of the wire in a vice and chuck the other end in a drill. Pull the wire taught & give the drill a spin, the wire will become straight as an arrow.

Cool! Thanks!

Should I put the old wheels on?