FAA Knowledge "Test" is out now

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Looks like the FAA Knowledge "Test" is out now. AMA told me about it via email, but I ended up having to take it from a different provider as AMA's website didn't work.

Thoughts on the test from those who took it?

I was disappointed, I was hopping it would at least give some advice on how to read the notifications on apps like B4UF or how to use the FAA's drone flight limitation data, as that seems to be the most important bit currently, but nothing. I could have passed the 'test' without reading any of the materials as it is basically a regurgitation of the hobby bullet points on the FAA's website.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
On the AMA site, the TRUST test is designed so you CANNOT FAIL, and you can ONLY score 100%. It is impossible to score less than 100%.

JasonK

On the AMA site, the TRUST test is designed so you CANNOT FAIL, and you can ONLY score 100%. It is impossible to score less than 100%.

that is how it is for all sites, the test is an FAA test, they are just an authorized administrator of the test.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
that is how it is for all sites, the test is an FAA test, they are just an authorized administrator of the test.
Yes, Sir. I understand that. The point is, it isn't really a test if you can't even get a single answer incorrect, even if you try.

tamuct01

So what you're saying is that it's not so much as a knowledge check, but rather a way to collect your personal information. I'll be taking a skip day for this "test."

JasonK

So what you're saying is that it's not so much as a knowledge check, but rather a way to collect your personal information. I'll be taking a skip day for this "test."

except there is no personal information collected (unless you consider name and email address to be overly personal when you can use a throw away email address if you wanted), it is a way to make sure that you have been 'educated' on some really basic data points. having the print out being required, removes the "I didn't know that" excuse for those basic data points.

The sites even say if you loose your print out, you have to retake the test to get a new one as there is no correlation between you and the test.