Fairly new to airplanes, question about swappables?

UCChris

MO Flight Crew
Hey all. My coworker and I are both into RC, him more into the quad side of things, but I'm a plane guy through and through. He has access to a laser cutter and has used it before to print FT speed build kits. He said he will cut me whatever kits I want for the cost of the foam. So I've built this list of swappables.

Racer
3D
Simple Storch
Versa Wing
Bloody Baron
Mustang
Baby Blender
Bushwacker
Spitfire
Bloody Baron
Simple Soarer

Now all these planes use the swappable tray thingy and power pack C.

So with all of that said, my question is if all these planes can fly off of the same propeller? The power pack C kit comes with a 10x4.5 slow fly, but can I throw a 9x6 prop and safely fly all these planes? My goal is to have two power packs built up since I have two transmitters and I can just swap them between all the planes as I please. Enough for a buddy and I to fly together and for us to have 11 plane choices.

Crazy Goats

I wasn't aware that FT had switched from the gt2215/09 to a slightly different motor! The afore mentioned motor works with a 9x6 but I can't say about the new one. You should be able to have a certain amount of success with that motor on all those planes, however I think it would be overkill on a soarer, too heavy, and cut your glide time. If you have a wattmeter you could do a bench test on that motor/prop combo.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Yes, all those planes can fly off of a 10x4.5, 9x6, 10x4.7or even a 10x5 (just make sure you're not full throttle all the time).

UCChris

MO Flight Crew
I wasn't aware that FT had switched from the gt2215/09 to a slightly different motor! The afore mentioned motor works with a 9x6 but I can't say about the new one. You should be able to have a certain amount of success with that motor on all those planes, however I think it would be overkill on a soarer, too heavy, and cut your glide time. If you have a wattmeter you could do a bench test on that motor/prop combo.

Thank you for the response. The Power Pack C is the recommended motor for all the above planes, but I understand that it will be overkill on the Soarer. I'll eventually get a smaller pack for just the Soarer, but I wanted to make sure that I could use the C pack for now.

Yes, all those planes can fly off of a 10x4.5, 9x6, 10x4.7or even a 10x5 (just make sure you're not full throttle all the time).

Thank you!