Farewell to a mediocre drone!

jolfstn74

I'd purchased a quad from Amazon, this one,in fact https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2BV5Y2/?tag=lstir-20
It was a painful example of you get what you pay for.it was a large size drone but the mini geared brushed motors had to work extra hard to keep this klunker in the air. It didn't hover,and was loud, difficult to control,I didn't do my homework and got a cheap drone. Notice how I keep referring to it in the past tense? I took it to a field and got her up about 100 meters or so,and the wind took it. Against my efforts it had it in the woods and I've got it pitched coming back to me, and it started to make a little progress but the wind had it and the little motors were no match for that wind. I'm fairly certain it's in the woods,I just sincerely hope no one was injured. I didn't particularly like the drone but had planned on making the best of it.i wanted something to chase my rc airplanes with but that was poor planning as I am the only pilot I know locally,I don't see myself flying an airplane & a quad simultaneously.i know it's been done but I'm eons from that skill level. Another one bites the dust.farewell mediocre drone! May spiders spin webs on your uneven cheap propellers and may screech owls use your inadequate flight control to line their nests.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm not sure why, but people I know always seem to give me the reminants of these things thinking I can make something with the parts.... Maybe I should throw them in the mail to FliteTest with a challenge to make something that flies with cheap drone parts...

jolfstn74

When the owls are done with it I'd be happy to send it to you if you feel you could make something of it,or get FT to do so! As a matter of fact I have a great big box of SYMA X5C organs,I'd be overjoyed to be rid of the lurid casement of drone carcases, carcai? Drone corpses! If I send them to you,do you believe FT will take them?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm not sure why, but people I know always seem to give me the reminants of these things thinking I can make something with the parts.... Maybe I should throw them in the mail to FliteTest with a challenge to make something that flies with cheap drone parts...

Do they even have active drone support now that Matt and Ian are not around?