Farman F.380

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Hello folks. This is an airplane I've been eyeing to build from balsa for a long time, but thinking about it a little more has made me think that foamboard might be as good of an option.
peachf380b.jpg

Who doesn't love quaint little French airplanes?
f380 xd.PNG

All I've got to show at the moment is the underlying box frame which will have curved sheets glued on top of it. This is a small airplane (I'm hoping the span will be about 26 inches) so there won't be a whole lot of space on the inside. I do want to try and fit a retract in (one retract - man that's a weird thought) though I don't know if that will be easy. Other difficult bits may include the small compound curve at the front of the cowl though I have an idea for that.

More to come tomorrow - it's currently 4 in the morning in my timezone and I think that's a good indicator that I've designed enough for now.

mayan

Legendary member
Hello folks. This is an airplane I've been eyeing to build from balsa for a long time, but thinking about it a little more has made me think that foamboard might be as good of an option.
View attachment 147563
Who doesn't love quaint little French airplanes?
View attachment 147564
All I've got to show at the moment is the underlying box frame which will have curved sheets glued on top of it. This is a small airplane (I'm hoping the span will be about 26 inches) so there won't be a whole lot of space on the inside. I do want to try and fit a retract in (one retract - man that's a weird thought) though I don't know if that will be easy. Other difficult bits may include the small compound curve at the front of the cowl though I have an idea for that.

More to come tomorrow - it's currently 4 in the morning in my timezone and I think that's a good indicator that I've designed enough for now.
Good luck I want to see this through!