Fast plane and .410 shotgun challenge! Ground to air warfare!

CeramicGod

Hey guys,

How about some ground to air combat?

Since you guys fly in the Bermuda Triangle of laws, how about this:

Pick one really, really fast and relatively small plane and then arm the opposition with a single shot .410 shotgun with light shot (#8 bird shot).

Then have some ground to air combat - if the plane can fly in the designated area for 1 minute, the pilot wins. The shotgun wins, well, if the plane crashes to the ground full of holes before the minute expires.

The pilot will have speed and manuverability. The shotgunner will have...a shotgun...although he'll need to load it for each shot as it would be a single shot shotgun.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I have nothing against the idea but the problem is that a shot gun has a pretty widely spread amount of area that it completely shreds everything apart.

So why not do it with BB bullets or a smaller airgun? That would give the plane much more of a chance and make it more interesting. BTW there is a video of DavePowers having a Ground to Air combat with BB bullets.

rc me

I have nothing against the idea but the problem is that a shot gun has a pretty widely spread amount of area that it completely shreds everything apart.
not a .410 the patern is only about 6 in across and they have a vary short range compard to a 12 gauge

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I´m not really an expert in weapons even though I´d like to be :D

I always kinda thought Shotgun--> wide spread!

Buuuut you learn something new everyday :D

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
id rather see a fully automatic shotgun with 0000 buckshots......................................................................... :)
try getting a hold of fpsrussia, that kid is 100% mad and has a lot of great videos, he might want to colab on this one.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Well I live in the uk and to own any type of weapon legally in this country you have to give a dna sample to the queen learn to
speak latin and hop on one leg for a fortnight......so i propose we do this challenge with a pea shooter and some really harsh
language.....that will do it

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
I got a 12 guage Mossburg 500 Tactical Shotgun we can use lol...my father in law has 123 acres with a gun range I was thinking about trying that a few times

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
The planes that I fly are no stranger to harsh language....they hear it everytime I fly them!

Telco_924

Here is one of my favorite videos of shotguns and planes......and I believe blast caps!!! Being a spad flyer....seeing how much that plane gets hit....and continues to fly....AWESOME!!