Father & Son Flitesticks : Build Log

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
My brother and nephew aren't going to be building there's for Flite Fest. He has two FT Mustangs that he is planning to put his NTM 3548's in! Yowsers! :eek:

mactek

Wow those mustangs are going to haul ass. I can't wait to see all the crazy creations everyone will have at FF this year. What size prop are you using on your Flightstick.

mactek

Mine is going to be slow compared to yours. I am using a 3536 1400kv with a 10x4 or 6 prop but only running 3s. No room in the hobby budget for 4s right now. According to ecalc i should still fly okay but nothing compared to your 4s setup.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Mine is going to be slow compared to yours. I am using a 3536 1400kv with a 10x4 or 6 prop but only running 3s. No room in the hobby budget for 4s right now. According to ecalc i should still fly okay but nothing compared to your 4s setup.

That should fly fine. Keegan's first sticks were running the 910kv version of that motor and I know for a fact he was able to fly it just fine off a 3S setup. It did perform better with the 4S, but it flies fine on the 3S too.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Updated the parts list with the Great Planes landing gear equivalent, wheels, and axles that can be used for this build. There are other ways/options to put gear on this plane, this is just the option that we are using. Choose whatever option best fits your needs/budget.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Are you using the bolts as the axles?

This should help...

20150701_122329.jpg

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
More progress and another updated to the first post. Fuselage is nearly complete. I hope to start on the wings tomorrow.

attachment.php

mactek

Have you guys finished your builds yet. I had no time over the weekend to work on mine. Now it is crunch time a couple of late nights before its time to leave on Thursday.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Have you guys finished your builds yet. I had no time over the weekend to work on mine. Now it is crunch time a couple of late nights before its time to leave on Thursday.

I am in the same boat. I spent a little time in the last couple of days working on the wing, but I am far from done. Keegan is much farther along than I am. I'm sure he will have his finished in time. I might be finishing mine up there if I can't get it done before Wednesday.

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Another update to the first post. Made some progress on the wing over the past couple of days.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Wing construction is coming along. I have most of the wing glued up now. Need to add servos and then finish it up.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
This is as far as it's going to get for now. I'll finish and maiden it at Flite Fest.

attachment.php