Father's Day

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
My family really likes to spoil me.
They make me feel well loved.
I just received a late Father's Day gift from my son (slow delivery).
Wow - just wow!
This will be my summer project -

BlackoutHex_1024.jpg

By the time I'm finished collecting parts and building it, I'll hopefully have put some miles on the Wifflecopter and be less likely to wreck it....

Best regards,
PCH

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Where's the fun in that? :)

Always seems the more time I spend on RC projects, the quicker I wreck them.
I worked enthusiastically on my first DTFB build - a Spitfire. It flew 4 or 5 times, never more than a couple of seconds until it was dead.
There must be a law that governs this behavior.
Maybe it's just one of life's little humility lessons.
I broke a lot of HQ props on the Wifflecopter trying to get it flying.
I gave up on the HQs and threw some cheaper Gemfans on it.
I haven't broken a single one yet. I flipped it the other day and as I did the WOS to retrieve it I was hoping that I could at least replace the props - no such luck.
They are still going strong!
I have some nice camera gear to play with, but I'm scared of what I'll do to it. Practice needed.

Best regards,
PCH

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
My family really likes to spoil me.
They make me feel well loved.
I just received a late Father's Day gift from my son (slow delivery).
Wow - just wow!
This will be my summer project -

View attachment 50080

By the time I'm finished collecting parts and building it, I'll hopefully have put some miles on the Wifflecopter and be less likely to wreck it....
Best regards,
PCH

Very nice. I don't have children so I have to ask if you might loan him out for "next" fathers day!:p

Thurmond

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I just received some nice 1806 2300kv Tiger motors for this build.
The motor mounting holes are a bit strange.
2 are wider on the mounting plate and 2 are narrower.
Only 2 can be used (wider) with the Blackout arms. There are no mounting screws provided with the motors.
There *may* be some in the Blackout parts. The bolts are M2, but a larger button head is needed to attach them to the arm as the mounting holes are a bit large and the bolts I see have small heads and I fear the will just pull through without a washer.
How have others mounted their motors to Blackout arms? Should I just buy some of the "correct" bolts?

Best regards,
PCH

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Only 2 can be used (wider) with the Blackout arms.

The other 2 fit the bolt pattern on 2204s.

How have others mounted their motors to Blackout arms? Should I just buy some of the "correct" bolts?

I think I'm using bolts that came with the Blackout, but they might have came with my motors. My motors use M3s, so that doesn't help you much.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I ordered a lifetime supply of M2 5mm button head bolts. I assembled the frame and the only M2s were for the board camera. It does seem a bit strange that Tiger doesn't provides these. The assembled frame looks awesome.

Best regards,
PCH