FatShark Predator V2- Greyish Purple screen with supplied Tx/camera

Just got mine yesterday. Was super excited, but was let down after connecting everything. I'm only getting the greyish purple screen. The Tx is shrink wrapped and all the dipswitches are on, so I'm guessingthe channel is set to one. On the goggles, when I press the channel down button, it makes a long beep, so I think that's on channel one too. Even then, to be sure, I went through all the channels until it made a long beep at either end. No picture. I didn't change channels on the Tx as I'd have to cut the shrink wrap, I dunno if that'll void warranty. Then, I connected the goggles to my cable tv set top box, which has a composite out. I'm getting a perfect picture. :confused:
So, I'm guessing there's something wrong with either the tx, rx or the camera. Has this happened to anyone, or does anyone know what might be causing this? And how is HK's returns? In case I need to send it back. I'm feeling pretty low right now, waited a couple of weeks for this :(

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm assuming the Tx and camera are powered up? I don't have your setup, but with my Tx, if the camera isn't powered on, the monitor doesn't even look like it's on. There have been a few instances that I'd forgotten to power on the camera, and went searching for the problem in the wireless portion, rather than the obvious.

RoyBro

Mentor
Did the Predators come with an input cable, like for a base station hook up? When trouble shooting, it is best to isolate the components. First, make sure the goggles are working. Then the camera, etc.
Make sure the tx and rx are indeed on the same channel. Don't just guess or assume.
I hope this helps you to sort it out.

I have Dominators which come with the cable. I don't know what all comes with the Predators.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Did you connect the antenna to the Tx before you powered it up? If not, you can burn it out.

The 4 way adjustment on top of the glasses controls contrast and brightness. I accidentally "adjusted" this once, and the picture was out of order. I was able to get it back to how it was supposed to be.

I'm assuming the Tx and camera are powered up?

Yes.

Did the Predators come with an input cable, like for a base station hook up?
yes.

Did you connect the antenna to the Tx before you powered it up? If not, you can burn it out.
Yes. I'm aware of the risk.

I cycled through all the channels on the goggles, there was no change. With the receiver switch on either side. By the way, which side is it ON/OFF?

The 4 way adjustment on top of the glasses controls contrast and brightness. I accidentally "adjusted" this once, and the picture was out of order. I was able to get it back to how it was supposed to be.

I noticed that when I plugged in the external input. But nothing like that with the tx connected.

I then used my HK 900MHz 800mW setup to check. With that I got an image, which after adjustment, was fine. But I couldn't test it any further because my 900MHz receiver is breaking down, the channels change on their own and the switches don't work anymore. Anyway, even after this, the Fatshark tx gives me the same FLAT grey purple screen. There's no static at all.

Okay. I contacted FS support, and after a bit of troubleshooting, I went ahead and opened the goggles and saw the cable that goes into the receiver was loosely plugged in. Pushed it back in and now everthing's working fine so far :D

JCinAuz

I have done this !

Yes.

yes.

Yes. I'm aware of the risk.

I cycled through all the channels on the goggles, there was no change. With the receiver switch on either side. By the way, which side is it ON/OFF?

I noticed that when I plugged in the external input. But nothing like that with the tx connected.

I then used my HK 900MHz 800mW setup to check. With that I got an image, which after adjustment, was fine. But I couldn't test it any further because my 900MHz receiver is breaking down, the channels change on their own and the switches don't work anymore. Anyway, even after this, the Fatshark tx gives me the same FLAT grey purple screen. There's no static at all.

Have you taken off the Lens cap ??? Sound dumb I know but the cap is Black and it dosen't stand out that well?I painted mine dayglow orange so I won't loose it nad I still lost it....Opppseyyy but yes I wondered why I had no vid and it was still on.Just a thought
http://forum.flitetest.com/images/smilies/redface.png