Favorite Airplane

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Favorite as in gets the most flight time would be one of my CTH flying wings. Current favorite is the Scythe but changes from time to time.
Favorite to fly when I don't break a prop on takeoff is probably my Baby Blenders.
Somehow I keep coming back to Slow Sticks though.
Finally put together another one with a DX700 motor that swings a 12 inch prop and a EPP wing from a CTH Albatross trainer

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
More weight means higher stall speed and higher landing speeds - depending on skill and model design this might or might not be an issue for you

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I Often times put a bigger battery in than the manufacturer recommends, the only problem I see is sometimes models can end up a tad nose heavy. is this the only problem i will have?

The added weight might make hand launches a bit hairy, especially on 3S.

bitogre

Currently, my favorite plane has to be the E-Flite Apprentice with SAFE. It is the plane I learned on and the first I lit up for night flying. It is my go to plane that I always take to the field and will fly in any conditions as I have used SAFE to get the plane back on the ground in one piece when the conditions were above my skill level. I also love it as it is the only plane that I trust to teach others how to fly on, again using SAFE to help me when the student does something I do not know how to correct. I have crashed my Apprentice many times and my worst crash needed less than $50 in parts to fix and get it flying again.

epiper93

More weight means higher stall speed and higher landing speeds - depending on skill and model design this might or might not be an issue for you
I Like long flights, I have a Miss America 42in P-51 it only wants a 2200 mah i throw a 3k in them. It gets but i did notice it flies a little quicker with the 22 im assuming because less weight. Its Quick regardless! I didnt know if it could mess the ESC up or not?

epiper93

Currently, my favorite plane has to be the E-Flite Apprentice with SAFE. It is the plane I learned on and the first I lit up for night flying. It is my go to plane that I always take to the field and will fly in any conditions as I have used SAFE to get the plane back on the ground in one piece when the conditions were above my skill level. I also love it as it is the only plane that I trust to teach others how to fly on, again using SAFE to help me when the student does something I do not know how to correct. I have crashed my Apprentice many times and my worst crash needed less than $50 in parts to fix and get it flying again.
I learned to fly fixed wings on my apprentice 2 years ago, now im flying some really quick and aerobatic planes, moved up to balsa and gas engines. if it werent for that plane i wouldnt have found this great hobby, will always have a special place in my heart, sometimes i still take it out and have a ball with it. it does great rudder touches when inverted!

epiper93

Also, if you like the apprentice i suggest the Valiant. Its a little snappier, more aerobatic but not a super handful like the commander (Which is another great plane.) That would make a great 2nd plane. its hands down my favorite foam plane.

Bricks

Master member
My Valuehobby EPP`s they can be flown about any where high winds and indoors, most fun I have had flying 3D or just flying around.

Planiac01

OOoo this is a tough question. I fly this one 8 ft. wingspan Cessna 180 and BOY does that thing float. So, I think I'd have to say the Cessna.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
For ease of flying but also for improving my skills - the FT Edge.

For cruising up and down the field looking cool - the 70mm EDF Diamond.

DamoRC

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Was just thinking about what my favorite airplane is
That's a bit like asking who my favorite kid is.

I have 3 that I fly regularly, the Versa, FT3D & Cub. The Versa & FT3D are highly modified from stock. I continue to make "improvements" to them. The Cub is mine, just start with a piece of foam and cut away anything that does not look like a Cub.

Robyle3

I have a special place for my UMX Pt-17, but after soo many repairs and a dead motor, shes now my favorite decoration. Now im babying a secondhand Multiplex easyglider (big scale increase, i know XD)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
While I'm still absolutely enamored by Ben's (Mid7night) F-16 I'm going to have to give the crown to my Flex Innovations Mamba 10e, with a second place to my Carbon Z Cessna 150. They both fly so fantastic, the Mamba is a blast to throw around and it's so stable through maneuvers that it's hard not to love it, and the 150 I have a soft spot for since I got my private in a 152. Currently that one is being rebuilt in the same paint scheme that I learned in and getting a few refresh parts.

b-29er

I'm a nostalgic kind of person, so there's a special place in my heart for the Jpower F-4 phantom, the one Hobby-Lobby used to sell. Sure, it was the old EP cooler foam, it has the same glide ratio as the space shuttle, and takeoffs were always touchy, but once it got some airspeed in, it flew like a rocket on rails. You could always hear the sound of that 5-blade EDF echo off the foliage on the other side of the field on a low pass, the pitch changing from the doppler effect as it flew at about chest height above the grass. I got to the point where i could easily land the thing on a 5' wide strip between the runway and the safety gates. Second place is the RMRC Goblin, which admittedly outperforms the F-4 in every category, its faster, more maneuverable, very stable, glides better, but theres just that little bit of nostalgia of sitting back on a summers day and watching that grey f-4 dart across a clear blue sky.

OliverW

Legendary member
My favorite was my trusty extreme flight 94" mxs may she rest in piece!
20190802_130353.jpg