Favorite FPV platform.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i built a twin motor (1806's) out of carbon arrow shafts and it was awesome. took a sever beating while i became familiar with FPV flying. i now use a mini-arrow that is tuned up with a 2206-2700kv, 5x4.5x3 blade prop, 30A esc, and 3S-850mah LiHV battery. it is fun!

laters,

me :cool:

My favorite is an Ol Fogey. The camera is mounted on top of the wing looking down slightly at the nose, looks like you are sitting in the cockpit. Its fun taking off from the ground, and lining up and landing.........or trying to anyways.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
one of my new favorite views is putting it on the vert stab. i have a camera on my mini-scout's tail and the view is very cool. yo have the whole aircraft in front of you so it's easy to keep track of relative to the ground, and frankly just looks cool. for higher speed though i prefer the camera on the front with no interference of the view. i usually run about 8 degrees of down tilt and try to make sure i have about 2/3 ground and 1/3 sky in my view.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I've only tried FPV on a few planes, but (thus far) it has to be my Kraken build...
I can slap whatever gear I want on and it doesn't affect her flight characteristics at all, the thing is just a workhorse!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I think I have slapped fpv stuff on all the current planes I have (not the helis tho, im not suicidal)
I enjoyed all of them because they fly quite nice, it is pretty fun flying a warbird fpv with the camera in the cockpit and chasing another plane around while doing some hard maneuvers. Flying wings are also always nice.

Taylor Banks

What is your favorite fixed wing fpv platform? I'll start, mine is a 20 inch kf flying wing powered off an 1106 on 2s.
one of my new favorite views is putting it on the vert stab. i have a camera on my mini-scout's tail and the view is very cool. yo have the whole aircraft in front of you so it's easy to keep track of relative to the ground, and frankly just looks cool. for higher speed though i prefer the camera on the front with no interference of the view. i usually run about 8 degrees of down tilt and try to make sure i have about 2/3 ground and 1/3 sky in my view.