FB Stick is on the way

hotwax

Maiden flight of the "FB Flitestick"

Yes, I have done the maiden flight!:D

Finally my baby got the name FB Flitestick

The clicks you hear are the stopwatch in my Tx, which goes off and on at 40% throttle.
This flight is not faked, honstly it is the real first flight. I was amazed, how smooth it flys.
Spins and flickrolls where not possible in this flight, the profile I created seems to be very forgiving.

I started this hobby back in 1966 and fly RC since 1976, so my maidens are always looking so.:eek:

permanent grin
Werner

Last edited:

earthsciteach

It looks like you've been flying that model for years! Congratulations on a beautiful model! Any chance of you posting plans? I'm horrible about documenting my builds with plans.

hotwax

Plans are pen and paper yet and I am looking for a suitable program to draw and export as PDF.

I will do some more flights to realy test the model for weak spots. The other aspect is, that someome should build it in original Adams Foam Board and check for safety.

There is another aspect that bothers me: Is it really nessesary to do a plane that will last longer as a swappable. Doing a plywood firewall and a batteryboard is much easier than fitting the powerpod with all the modifications I made.

104_0321.JPG
When I jumped the idea of doing a medium trainer, I honestly did not believe that it could be done as a swapable. During the design process I found the solution that I have done. But as you can see, my original idea is much simpler and gives better cooling to ESC and battery and you can do a threewheeler too.

Suggestiones welcome
Werner

MrClean

Oh I believe the 1st flight thing. Built straight and true to a known performer, balanced and powered correctly a model will fly as intended. The first flight I had on my first Stick was much the same way. I took off, it flew straight and level, I pulled up and it climbed fairly well, enough so that I pushed over the top and came buy the runway again inverted on the first pass. I was a bit more cocky back then. Ever since Sticks have been my favorite aircraft. Perfect for touch n go's, bomb drops, foolin around.

I need to build an electric stick 40 sized like yours to go along with my Gasser stick. Well done.

hotwax

Hello,

I found LibreCAD for drawing and some howto-videos on Youtube.

Actually the plans come together.

I will publish soon.

Werner

hotwax

Now you can have yout own FB Flitestick!

Finally,

the plans are uploaded!

Enjoy and Report

Werner

Attachments

• FB Flitestick Page 1 of 3.pdf
    315.6 KB · Views: 589
  • FB Flitestick Page 2 of 3.pdf
    316.2 KB · Views: 362
  • FB Flitestick Page 3 of 3.pdf
    317.7 KB · Views: 326

dana8192

Thank you so much for posting the plans Werner! Very nicely done!!

I hope to build it later this year - I have just started my very first build.

tmahring

First of all congratulations on the really nice plane !
I got a small question: Where did you buy the foamboard you are using ? I live in Austria and have yet to find a good source for that stuff in europe.

tmahring

Yeah it's incredible that this stuff costs around 10x more in europe than in the usa. Thanks for the link though, i guess i will have to live with 10 euros per m2.

Do you have any experience with the KAPPA foamboards ? They seem to be a bit cheaper, but they use polyurethane instead of polystyrol foam, i have no idea which is better.