Help! FC not connecting to computer

Innaviation

Recently I got some parts to build my first racing/freestyle drone. I got a MAMBA F405MK2 FC for the brains plus esc of the quad but am having some trouble getting my computer to recognize it. I am using a windows laptop and have only been plugging the Mamba stack into beta flight without additional components soldered to it. Am I doing something wrong or do I just not know all the necessary steps to connect the FC?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Does windows make the ding sound when you connect it? if not then the drivers to make it work are not installed or prioritized. What version of windows? win 10 is known to drop or disable drivers at will specially after updates. there is the impulsedriverfixer tool that is pretty effective in waking up stubborn boards with driver issues. I use that when I have connection issues. It usually happens on the DFU side of things.

Also I recently did a build with that very same flight controller. It had nothing flashed on it when it arrived so I had to do that before I could do anything. I plugged the usb cord in ran the driver fixer tool then used betaflight gui to flash the proper target on it.

I am actually waiting for 2 batteries to finish charging so I can go out and fly that build to do tuning on 4s not the little 3s I did initial testing with.

Innaviation

Does windows make the ding sound when you connect it? if not then the drivers to make it work are not installed or prioritized. What version of windows? win 10 is known to drop or disable drivers at will specially after updates. there is the impulsedriverfixer tool that is pretty effective in waking up stubborn boards with driver issues. I use that when I have connection issues. It usually happens on the DFU side of things.

Also I recently did a build with that very same flight controller. It had nothing flashed on it when it arrived so I had to do that before I could do anything. I plugged the usb cord in ran the driver fixer tool then used betaflight gui to flash the proper target on it.

I am actually waiting for 2 batteries to finish charging so I can go out and fly that build to do tuning on 4s not the little 3s I did initial testing with.
It doesn't make a ding sound when I connect it. I am using windows 10 so that could be the problem. Did you buy your Mamba stack from this site? If you did it might have the same issue of not having beta flight on it.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Caroline is probably right. that would have been one of my suggestions if there was no ding response from windows.

I wont click external links but I buy all my parts from Racedayquads or Getfpv.com.

Innaviation

Okay, so I found a data micro USB and tried it. It didn't seem to change any of what was happening. Its possible the cable is broken but if it isn't what should I try doing?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Try a different USB port on the computer, or try another device that you know works on that USB port to prove it works. Failing all that, the FC is probably toast.

Innaviation

Well, I've tried both of those things without any connection. I have had similar issues on other boards so I doubt its the boards but I guess it could be. I'm going to keep trying whatever I can either way.